Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Passenger

Default Royal Suite - Feb 18 LOTS - questions / others?

Hey all, my wife and son will be travelling on the Legend OTS on the Feb 18 Western cruise and are wondering?

1) Is anyone else going on that cruise? If you are going, be nice to meet someone else!

2) What amenties can we expect in the Royal Suite? We got a kick assdeal that is rude to announce what we paid but it is was far less than any advertised rate - they must have mis priced it when I booked it because I saw regular suites on other boats for the same week going for 203k more -

3) Check-in - the one thing they coud NOT do for us was airfare which is fine, we'll fly our own small airplane to Tampa, but, is that gonna be a hassle for us since we will not have cruise air or cruise transfers???

I HATE waiting in line -

4) thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Beginner

May I ask where you booked the cruise? Did you book it directly on the RCCL website? How far in advance did you book?

You will have a great time and be treated like Royalty! Special treats delivered to your room each day, fluffy robes, priority check-in, concierge lounge (great appetizers and free liqour)!
Old January 12th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

[color=darkblue]Hi V Pilot,
I can only answer question #3, it makes no difference in checking in if you had transfers or the cruiseline air package. Its a good idea to go on the Royal Caribbean web-site and have all your boarding information entered, that will make embarking much quicker and less painful. Once you arrive at the pier, simply turn over your checked luggage to the porters and give them a few dollar per bag and go to the check in line....

Have fun! [color]

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 13th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Passenger

Default Booked in RCCL

Yeah, I booked the RCCL webste last May - the price was lower by at least $3000US than any other Carib cruise out of any port for President's Day week in the Royal or Owners Suite on the Vision class shipss - it was literally only about $200 more than booking a junior suite. When I saw that I immediately put the deposit down, knowing we'd essentially get a full refund until we paid our final price.

My wife and I actually enjoy sea days and have usually travelled [Feb '96 Ryndham - Solar Eclipse 10 days, NCL '00, Disney '02,] in a balcony cabin but never a suite. We realized the value of a suite in each of the other cruises when it came to amenities and getting off the boat - a suite customer is never rushed, can stay in their suite so long as their bags are ready with everyone else for customs, so long as they are off by 10a or so, plus, I've heard they'll bring you breakfast in the suite that last monrning- so while is hered like cattle to the lounges for debarkation, suite customers debark at their leisure.

The reason we like sea days is there is no presure to get off, see something meaningless or silly and expensive, and get back on; that and having a decent cabin makes staying in the cabin nice. We usualyl do spa treatments, couples massages and other activities on the port days unless I need to replenish my cuban cigars and ultra-premium tequila selections, occasionally we'll venture forth but honestly I've seen the same items for sale at Sam's club and Costco at times that they sell at the trinket shops, and how many t-shirts do you need?

After traveling the world with first the Navy [aviator during earlu 1980's] and then on my own, I've learned that 99.99% of port areas are tourist traps, and that most shore tours are 3 times as long as they need to be, and most caribbean islands are merely places to shop as a diversion to being on the Ship. They exist to take American dollars in since in prob. less than 20 years hurricanes will have destroyed any spanish and french history and reduced the rest to rubble you will no longer be able to walk on or around for 'preservation' reasons.

That and in the concierge lounge they have free soda, coffee, and free winel/beer/liquor from 5.30p to 8 - we ALWAYS select the late seating for dinner - then there is no need to get back to the Ship to shower and feel rushed to dinner, can take a nap from 3.30-5p and second, on most lines, in a suite you can attend the evening free cocktail reception and go to dinner hammered - one can enjoy chicken nuggets with enough liquor!

Perhaps from a financial perspective the suite ends up costing $2000 mroe than simply getting a balcony cabin (and $4k more than an inside) and buying your liquor and extra, but heck, I'm on vacaction, if I have the $2k I'll spend it for that and feel relaxed about check-in, on board services and priorites, and the luxury of getting off when I am ready.
Old January 13th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Booked in RCCL

It will be difficult to find a Concierge Lounge on the LG 8)

[quote="VikingPilot"]
That and in the concierge lounge they have free soda, coffee, and free winel/beer/liquor from 5.30p to 8
Old January 13th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Passenger

Default Concierge

well, the Crown and Anchor lounge, to which we have access, is essentially the same thing - details details . . .
Old January 13th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Admiral

It´s not a matter of details, since there´s no concierge service on LG
Old February 10th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Beginner

I'm interested in the same question as we've booked the Royal Suite a few weeks later so here's a ...BUMP!
Old February 10th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Passenger

When we stayed on the VOS, we had the concierge service, I never realized that not all RCC ship don't have a concierges lounge. It is a peaceful please to relax and recouple with my husband before seeing what the kids are up to for the evening. Enjoy your trip. How lucky you are for your price, we always travel Feb vacation because of school, and the prices are always high, for airfare and hotels..The price you pay untill they go to college.
Old February 10th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Vision of the Seas does not offer concierge service (yet).
It´s available only on Voyager-class and Radiance-class ships and on the revitalized EN.
Old February 10th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland
Vision of the Seas does not offer concierge service (yet).
It´s available only on Voyager-class and Radiance-class ships and on the revitalized EN.
Roland,

Do you have any first hand knowlege as to what perks DO exist for the top suite occupants on a Vision-class ship? So far, all I can see you contributing is to report there is no concierge lounge. I'm sure you don't mean to come off as sour grapes.