Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Passenger

Default Aft Balcony-Deck 10 Radiance Class*****

Has anyone been in these? I am on Jewl in Jan. Have had aft before, but not right under the windjammer. Can anyone comment please on the pro's and con's? Should I move a deck lower and not take a aft due to noice?

ANY info good or bad would be greately appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

We had an aft just like that once and I was concerned about a noise problem from the Windjammer. It turned out not to be any problem. In the evening they have a buffet type dinner going on, and after that, nothing. I think you'll enjoy that cabin, you will be close to the pool and the windjammer, so its convient.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 12th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Captain

Because my wife likes to "veg" in the cabin in the daytime, we won't book deck ten aft UNLESS it's a cold weather cruise. It's the fantail area that is above you and during warm weather there will be alot of activity out at the rear rail (the chairs sliding and scraping from people coming and going). It's still a great location, we have just moved down to deck nine on a couple of "Radiance class" cruises and found it to be quieter. Also avoid seven aft aft due to the lounge underneath!
Old January 12th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Admiral

If you plan to have lunch on your balcony, you'll probably get noise from above. But ship sound proofing -- especially between decks -- is excellent and you won't hear footsteps or anything else at any time.

That said, I'd still move to a lower-deck aft balcony cabin. These cabins are incredible because the balconies are huge. Generally, the higher you are, the more you pay and it just isn't worth a nickel more.
www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.
Old January 12th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Passenger

It looks to be to late now, all are sold out and only JS is available, but at a more expensive price. We have had deck 9 in the past, but the only aft open at the time we booked was deck 10. Need to have the AFT!!!

Since we will only be in the room from about 11pm to 8am (eat breakfast on the balcony), hopefully we will not hear to much.