Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Passenger

Default Jewel o/t Sea - March 2006 ?'s

We are sailing in March on the Jewel of the Sea to the eastern caribbean- two families w/ 9 yr. old girls - we have connecting cabins on deck 9 - D1, Superior with balconey - We have heard such conflicting things about Jewel, bad food, small rooms, noise ect.....
Does any one have any info on the Jewel, hints ect. we have sailed on the Disney Cruise before.
Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Admiral

I personally liked Jewel of the Seas...such a beautiful ship! The cabins are big enough for two people and you'll find hair dryer, TV, shower and everything you need. I do think RCI's food fleetwide needs an overhaul but it isn't terrible. The entertainment is good and this ship offers a variety of lounges. Windjammer Cafe seems to be everyone's favorite -- it is mine.

What I love most about Jewel is the enormous panels of glass in public areas that bring the sea and ocean into the ship. RCI has tasteful and attractive decor. Very pretty, lots to do, I think the cabins are fine personally.

RCI has a huge repeat audience, so they're doing something right!
www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.