Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Admiral

Default Terrific Luggage Program

Royal Caribbean International is doing airline passengers a big service. With the new "Onboard Check-in and Luggage Valet" program passengers can now complete the dreaded airline and luggage check-in process for their flights home before they step off the ship. With the new service, passengers no longer have to locate their luggage, transport it to the airport or stand in long lines, saving up to two hours of waiting time. RCI fee for the service ranges from $10 to $20 per person, depending on the port and service offering.

The service is being rolled out at ports across the United States, based on approval by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration, Customs and Border Patrol, as well as seaport, airport and airline security personnel. The "Onboard Check-in and Luggage Valet," is now available to Royal Caribbean passengers whose cruises end in San Juan and Seattle. RCI will offer the service for arrivals in Vancouver, British Columbia. To qualify, guests must fly to a U.S. city on an expanding list of airlines on the same day their cruise ends.
www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

I sure hope they extend this to all ports.
Old January 12th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi:

I was just reading about this yesterday, which makes me very happy as I'm booked on the AOS, departing from San Juan, in just two months. We're going down a day early but leaving on a Sunday, which is not a good day to leave from that airport (done it before); therefore, the new luggage procedure will at least make things a little easier.

Happy Cruising....Buddy
Old January 12th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Thanks Anne,
For that good info....I think this service will go over very well with passengers. I loved it before all the extra security when you could check in with your airline right at the pier. We were recently able to do this in Miami, but only Miami and if you were flying AA, it was great...

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 12th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Admiral

I was just made aware of this myself. It will come in very handy for my upcoming family reunion cruise on Mariner of the Seas in February. I happy to see the cruise industry getting back to this. I hope the other lines follow suit.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 16th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Passenger

This sounds greate!!!Does anyone know if there is a list of airlines that they will be offering this with as well as ports? we are flying Midwest in and out of fort lauderdale. Thanks
Old January 16th, 2006, 07:57 PM
First Mate

does anyone know what the contract says about lost luggage--who is liable & to what extent????