Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Passenger

Default Adventure of the Seas Condition of Ship

I am eager to hear from anyone who has sailed on AOS in the last 6 months. How is her condition? How was the staff ratio? Were the cabins in good shape or worn out? What about the handling of embarkation disembarking? It seems in the past, people complained of larger crowds and not enough staff to keep up with any problems and mess?!?!?! Any news would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

My wife and I were on AOS in October and will be sailing on her again on Sunday the 22nd.
As far as the ratio I really dont remember.The ship itself was in good shape.We are also thinking of our family reunion on her in August.We are diamond members of Crown and Anchor and have been on 18 of RCCL ships.
As for the embarkation ,the last time we were on we arrived early and waited about 45 min. to an hour to check in and board.But afterwe boarded they held the line up for about thirty monutes,I dont no why.As for disembarking as I said being Diamond members we were the first group off so we were happy.
We had an inside cabin,for us the room was comfortible.We had a room overlooking the promanade.If you get this just remember to cclose the curtians when coming out of the shower lol.
The ships overall appearance was good.The crew was always cleaning.
I hope I helped you with your questions and maybe i will be able to help you more when we get back on Jan.29th
Old January 17th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Passenger

Thanks for info. Yes! Please write about your next cruise, there are hardly any newer reviews of the AOS. We are sailing with a group of ten, aged 6 to 76 so I hope to hear that all areas are in good shape as we will have late night party people and a few who need the peacefulness of adult areas. The more info you share the better and happy cruising! Also-they are starting a new thing with flight check in right on the ship for those departing through San juan airport and it sounds like a wonderful way to avoid more waiting lines, if you use this new service please tell us how it worked! Many Thanks
Old January 24th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Beginner

We were just on it in November 2005 for the 2nd time in a year and it was beautiful, didn't see a single worn item and the service was spectacular. Airport is a different story, be prepared for that.
Old January 25th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Passenger

Sounds like ship looks great, and hopefully the new airport check in service on board will eliminate some of the San Juan airport chaos I have read about! Please keep the reviews and info about this ship coming! I would love to hear any details about the AOS before our April sailing! Thanks!
Old January 25th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

I'm 16 and I sailed on the Adventure last February with my parents and a friend. It was my favorite cruise out of three. It's a beautiful ship. I didn't see anything that was worn or unclean. The service was amazing.
We didn't have any problems with embarkating or disembarkating. We were in our room within 20 minutes of arriving at the pier.
The San Juan airport was chaos. They didn't know which gate our flight was going to be at until about 5 minutes before we had to board. It was very disorganized.
However, the Adventure was an amazing cruise and I would reccomend it to anyone.
Adventure of the Seas 2/05
Serenade of the Seas 2/06
Monarch of the Seas 7/06
Liberty of the Seas 8/07
Majesty of the Seas 5/08
Old January 26th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Passenger

i was on AOS last August and i am going back on this august,

it was a total nightmare at the pier to get on, we got their at 12:30 waited on line for like 45, did not move an inch so i ended up calling RCI in miami and found out that something happened so the ship did not start letting peole off until like 11, ended up at Bacardi for the day till we went back and got on

the ship is in perfect condition the only things i found that needed repair were several of the arcade games and one pool side clock
Old February 1st, 2006, 08:31 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacy
Sounds like ship looks great, and hopefully the new airport check in service on board will eliminate some of the San Juan airport chaos I have read about! Please keep the reviews and info about this ship coming! I would love to hear any details about the AOS before our April sailing! Thanks!
8)

We are also sailing on thr AOS in April - 23rd
Ship sound in good shape, as this is the first time with RCCL we were not sure what to expect. Don't like the sound of the return leg through San Juan airport. We are flying back to the UK and the last thing we want is chaos before we even start.
Keep the reviews coming and roll on April.
Old February 1st, 2006, 02:28 PM
Passenger

i do have to say that san juan's air port is really caous and probably the worst i have been too,