Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Passenger

Default E vs D category cabins on Radiance and Voyager Class Ships

We are going to travel on either the Navigator or the Jewel over New Years. Is there truly a noticable difference between the E and D category cabins. Is the D category worth the extra money? We will be travelling with our infant daughter who will be in a crib.
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Captain

In our experience, the cat. D1 cabin has more storage space in the vanity area, and a full size couch, instead of a "love seat" type. Also, cat. D1 cabins are usually on higher decks than cat. E cabins. Other than that, we haven't noticed much difference.
Old January 26th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Yeoman

The difference is about 10 square feet, which is the size of a small closet. Not worth it in my opinion, unless you bump to a Jr. Suite. And the D's are not necessarily on a higher deck. D's and E's are spread out pretty even on most decks.
Old January 27th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzla
And the D's are not necessarily on a higher deck. D's and E's are spread out pretty even on most decks.
You're right. What I meant to say was that a cat. "x" on a higher deck usually carried a higher price tag. Dang those senior moments.
Old January 27th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Yeoman

I have those senior moments all the time. I just never admit when I am wrong. lol.