8) I am going on a Baja Cruise with the Monarch of the Sea ship. I have never sailed with this cruise and have a couple questions about their procedures.
First and foremost. Am I able to take alcohol onboard. I have saild with Carnival and always just snuck a 12 pack in my luggage and they never found it, it just wasnt enough. So am i able to bring one of those rolling coolers and check it in? It looks nicer than my luggage! If I cant bring that will they check my bags and if they find a couple bottles what will they do with them? I am able to bring champane in hand correct? What are the procedures of this ship and alcohol?
Also, what all cost extra money? i.e sodas, extra water, fine dining??? What should I be expected to buy once on board and miles away from my home.
As of FOOD.
They serve Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner in a dining room every day between certain hours correct? Last time I ate in Mexico I got really sick and spent the rest of my cruise in the infiramry. So I would rather get as much food in me before leaving the ship.
Once off the ship. They check your bags and all your souvenirs correct. And if I buy some patrone in Mexico I have to check it in and wont recieve it until the end of the cruise correct?
As for buying things on the ship rather than in port. What is the better deal???
I know this was a lot of questions but I figure I only have 2 wks to figure everything out.
* For your best bet, pack your 12-pack and check it at the curb. No worries (but pack it well)
* Sodas are extra and juice is available by the glass. Pack (or bring on) water, if you like.
* All eateries are open when in Ensenada. We LOVE the El Cid Hotel on Lopez Mateos (the main drag) .. we wind our way down and are ready for a great margarita and lunch when we hit there.
* Kahlua is better priced on land, but most anything else is better priced on the ship. Just put it in a backpack and no worries. Just don't try to bring fireworks or knives, etc back on board and you will be fine.