CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Promenade (inside) cabins on Voyager class ships--noisy? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/308281-promenade-inside-cabins-voyager-class-ships-noisy.html)

Kimanjo February 3rd, 2006 07:11 PM

Promenade (inside) cabins on Voyager class ships--noisy?

I am considering booking an inside Promenade cabin on a Voyager class ship. You know the cabins, the ones with the bay windows that overlook the Promenade.

Are the cabins noisy, picking up sound from the Promenade? Are the cabins sufficiently dark enough to get some sleep?

Thanks for any advice.

plarimer February 3rd, 2006 07:28 PM

We loved our promenade cabin on the Explorer of the Seas. It was quiet at night and it wasn't as dark as a typical inside cabin. We also really liked watching the parade from our window.

You will love it.

mjyanne February 4th, 2006 01:02 PM

We have had promenade (adjoining) rooms on both Adventure and Navigator. The rooms are suprisingly quite and when the drapes are closed sufficiently dark. With the adjoining rooms it is like having a suite expect that you get 2 bathrooms, 2 tvs, and privacy (when needed) without the higher cost.

AML0022 March 26th, 2006 09:03 AM

We had a promenade stateroom on the Mariner OTS in December, 2004 on the 7th deck. You couldn't hear ANYTHING, it was perfect. If you are claustrophobic but looking for a bugdet choice, the promenade stateroom is perfect because you can let in some light and "people-watch" if you'd like.

Just be sure to close your curtains, or your neighbor across the way will be able to see EVERYTHING that goes on in your room.

pop66ma March 26th, 2006 10:16 AM

We have had promanade rooms twice,on our first one we were on the sixth deck right across from the english pub.We never heard the singer that was performing in there that is why we booked our second one.Like the others have said it is enjoyable to just sit by the window and people watch.Book it and enjoy it.

kimxotennis March 26th, 2006 02:16 PM

i had a promenade on the navigator and it wasn't noisey when you were sleeping, unless you go to bed at like 8:00 you should be fine. Just be sure you have your curtains shut if youre changing otherwise people can see right in your room. Another plus to the promenade rooms is that you can watch parades, etc right from your room

Tauruschick March 26th, 2006 02:23 PM

My friend and I (we were 15 at the time) had a Prominade room on the Adventure last year. We only had a problem one night, we were both a little seasick and went to bed early. We heard the parade but it wasn't that bad. Definitely keep the curtains closed though! :)