Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Passenger

Default Costs/ schedule for fitness facilities (Voyager of the Seas)

I'm not an exercise nut, but I would like to take advantage of the ship's fitness facilities and possibly try a class or two. I assume there are extra charges for the classes- where can I find a schedule and a price guide? The RCL site doesn't seem to have one (or else they keep it hidden).

As well, is there an age restriction for the fitness centre? There is nothing worse than trying to work out with a bunch of obnoxious tweens/ young teens running around.

Thanks,

Cathy
Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2006, 08:08 PM
First Mate

I don't think there is a charge, check with the spa when you first board. Gym area usually crowded early a.m but not bad in the afternoon. I usually did my work when we returned from port.
Old February 8th, 2006, 03:06 AM
Beginner

I posted this on another board, but I thought you might want to know about it.

The Vision had Spinning classes last Jan. Also Pilates, Yoga and Fit Ball. They cost $10 each, but I never took any, because they were always scheduled just before dinner. (4 pm, 5 pm and 6 pm)

The schedule:
First day: 5 pm (during sail away) Free demonstration on Pilates, Yoga and Fit Ball
Day 2 (at sea) 4 pm Pilates $10, 5 pm Yoga $10
Day 3 (in port) 7:30 am Stretch and relax, 8 am Upper body conditioning, 4 pm Spinning $10, 6 pm Fit Ball $10
Day 4 (in port) 7:30 am Stretch and relax, 8 am Aerobic class, 4 pm Yoga $10, 5 pm Pilates $10
Day 5 (in port) "no classes this day, but enjoy the facilities"
Day 6 (at sea) 7:30 am Stretch and relax, 8 am Lower Body Conditioning, 4 pm Yoga class $10, 5 pm Pilates $10, 6 pm yoga $10
Day 7 (at sea) 7:30 am Stretch and relax, 8 am Upper body conditioning, 4 pm Spinning class $10
The Ship Shape center was open from 6 am to 10 pm. They had machines, free weights, etc... only for guests 16 and older.

This trip, I will try to take a 4 pm class when I think I can still get ready in time.

*Ü* Starr
Old February 9th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Passenger

Default Great info

Thanks- I thought they would charge for the specialized classes (my gym at home does, too). I'll more than likely just stick to jogging/walking around and doing my own workouts.

Cathy
Old February 9th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Passenger

MY SON IS 15 AND ALWAYS GOES TO LIFT WEIGHTS WITH NO QUESTIONS ASKED. HE DID SAY HOWEVER IF THE SEAS ARE ROUGH HE HAS HAD A MORE CHALLENGING WORKOUT, HE WAS BENCHPRESSING ONE DAY AND HE COULD FEEL THE WEIGHST IN HIS HANDS SHIFTING A BIT SO BE CAREFUL