Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Passenger

Default cruising with kids in December

Has anyone with elementary age kids cruised in early December? We have booked for next Dec 10 on the Mariner, and now I'm worried that there won't be hardly any kids for our 7 and 9 year old to play with. Seems to me I read somewhere that there are usually only a few toddlers on board at this time of year.

We like our balcony, and are mainly doing it then because of cost (and we snagged an aft balcony, too).
Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2006, 08:26 PM
First Mate

we booked early dec in hopes that fewer children would be aboard--hope there are enough for your children to play with but not so many to make us unhappy! Bad experiences over Easter & at Spring break have made us nervous about selecting the right weeks to go!
Old February 7th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

There most likely won't be a lot of kids on board as they already have a week (or more) off at the end of the month for Christmas. School vacation weeks and summers are when you find lots of kids on board.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old February 10th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Beginner

We took our four kids on Radiance in early December two years ago. Some crew members told us there had been 500 kids on board the week before (Thanksgiving week), but there weren't many on our cruise at all. However, the kids that were onboard were mostly elementary-school age. Our youngest son, who turned 11 on the cruise, had a good-sized crowd at his Adventure Ocean activities; I'll bet your kids will be fine. Our teens went to their first activity and they were the only ones there! It wasn't a problem as they all just hung out together anyway. Have fun!
Old February 10th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the input! I definately don't want to be on a ship with 500 kids. That's another reason we try to book off season (and the price, too).
Old March 27th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Beginner

Can't help you out, but my kids (boy-11, girl-7) and I will be on the Splendour for a 5 day cruise the week of Dec. 18th..