Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Passenger

Default What's up with the skating shows on the Voyager ships?

I've been reading tons of posts on this site for the past week, and I keep coming across some that say you have to reserve tickets for the skating show (which, from what I've read, is quite popular). Can I do this online, or is it a "scramble to the purser's desk the moment I get on board" type of thing? I also believe reading somewhere that the tickets are free...is this true?

Thanks,

Cathy
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Hi Cathy (and welcome aboard CM),

As you write, the ice shows are popular. And not without reason I must say. But it´s a "scramble to Guest Relations" (or to the Concierge, if you are entitled to that service). Perhaps this is because tickets are free
Old February 8th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Admiral

Yes this is a very popular event. There were 4 show times on the the Mariner. They passed out free tickets on our 2nd day out. The tickets went according to your dinner seating...early seating went during late seating, etc....we just lined up outside the door at a specified time as stated in the daily newsletter. There was no scramble and I never heard of anyone not being able go. Infact, we were offered tickets to other shows but they were during our dinner time.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old February 8th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Our first time on a Voyager ship, I was elected to get up bright and early on the designated morning to wait in a two-mile long line for tickets. The next trip, I said forget about it - I'm so not standing in line again. So, we really did forget about it - on the day tickets were to be given out, we happened to wander over to the photo area later in the morning to look at our pictures - there was the ticket desk still set up with NO line and were just able to walk right up and get our tickets!
Old February 9th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Passenger

Default Thanks

Thanks for everyone's replies...so, do I understand correctly that I CANNOT pick up the tickets ahead of time, and that I have to line up for them once on board? Is this usually done on the first day?

Thanks again,

Cathy
Old February 9th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrzone
Thanks for everyone's replies...so, do I understand correctly that I CANNOT pick up the tickets ahead of time, and that I have to line up for them once on board? Is this usually done on the first day?
You are correct - you cannot get the tickets ahead of time (unless you are in a suite or are a Crown & Anchor Diamond level passenger - in which case the concierge will supply you with tickets). It's usually done on the second day, but notice will be in your Cruise Compass.
Old February 9th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Passenger

I've never had a problem getting my Ice Show tickets. I do NOT show up and wait in the initial line the first minute they start handing them out. I've always gone down later that morning and typically have walked right up and gotten what I needed. At the most, I've had about 5 people in line ahead of me. I think there are enough tickets for everyone to get what they need. The problem is most likely that some folks will get MORE than they need and go to the show more than once. But, as I've said, I've never had a problem getting the exact tickets that I wanted. Don't sweat it too much! By the way, the ice shows are awesome. I prefer the ice show on Explorer to the one on Voyager, but they are all worth seeing.

"Enjoy whatever cruise you choose....just be sure and choose to cruise"
Old February 11th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Beginner

We had no problem at all with getting 7 tickets. No wait and we got the evening we wanted. You will enjoy it.
Old February 11th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Passenger

Default Thanks again!

You folks are all indispensable! My mother is really looking forward to the ice show (she loves events like that, but they don't come to the city where we live), and I'd hate for her to be disappointed. Thanks again for taking the time to answer.

Cathy
Old February 11th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Also, after the initial distribution of tickets, we have found stacks of tickets at the Guest Relations desk. Really no need to tsnad in line for tickets as long as you get them for the show you want PRIOR to the show since seating is First-Come, First-Serve anyways. Suggest you visit the skating rink in advance so you can determine where you want to sit and figure out how early you want to get there (remember no saving seats).

Sovereign - 3/99
Paradise - 4/00
Majesty - 11/00
Monarch - 12/02 (XMAS)
Radiance - 8/03 (AK) & 11/03
Adventure - 4/04, 3/05, 8/06
Navigator - 11/05
Century - 12/06
Serenade - 3/07

Adventure of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas
Old February 13th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Captain

On our first sailing on the Adventurer the shows were sold out by the time we got to the desk but they advised us to wait at the door at show time and there would probably be vacant seats. They were right and we got in without a problem.

Second time there was no problem at all.

Enjoy