Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to luvnursing777
Default Massage

Does anyone know about how much a massage costs on RCCI voyager of the seas? Also How long is the Massage? Is there a discount for booking a massage while the ship is docked at an island? One last thing do you get a discount for couples massage?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Massage

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnursing777
Does anyone know about how much a massage costs on RCCI voyager of the seas? Also How long is the Massage? Is there a discount for booking a massage while the ship is docked at an island? One last thing do you get a discount for couples massage?
Thanks
I had a one hour deep tissue massage on Serenade for $109. I believe that they do run specials on port days.
Old February 14th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Admiral

They definitely run specials while in port. Also, if you are a Crown and Anchor member, you will receive a coupon for a discount on any spa service.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old February 16th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Captain

I find that ship spa services are almost double what they are here in central Louisiana. And since the poor massage therapists do more than the industry norm I have not found them to be as good because the poor ladies are so tired. Giving a massage is a workout if you've never done it.

Yes, there are port day discounts. Also, be sure to take the spa tour on the first afternoon where you can register for a free spa service. I won a massage on one ship and a facial on another! Often times they are not well attended so you have a pretty good chance.

Alert! In Sept. on the AOS they ran a scam of sorts that I found really distateful. We were in a group of 4 couples and each of us had done the spa tour. On one of the last nights each of received a call from the spa saying we had won the raffle (which was for $50 credit in the spa). All of the girls traipsed down to the spa to make our appts. and found that the unpublisised catch was that the credit was only good on 4 different items, each quite expensive. Even on the least expensive item we would have still paid out $110 plus our credit. I found it deceptive and made my feelings known on my credit card. If you give someone a gift with strings then people need to know, otherwise a gift should be a gift.

My favorite massages are on Roatan and Costa Maya where you can have a massage on the beach, beneath a palm tree while listening to the surf on the shore. Ahhh, that's the life!
Old February 16th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Captain

Forgot to say:

There is a couples massage and it is priced separately not as 2 massages.
But I don't recall what it costs.

I had forgotten my main objection to shipboard massages nowadays. It's the product promotion after your massage. After a massage I'm nice and mellow, I don't want to listen to a sales pitch about moisturizer and detoxifiers, etc. I did this great seaweed wrap/massage on the Island Princess last year and it was wonderful until I listened to a 12 minute sales pitch afterward. I had already told the young lady when she started that I did not want to buy any products but she continued until I just got up off the table and left the room. The spa has become an increasingly important source of income for ships and they've gotten more and more pushy about hawking their products. No spa I've ever been to at home has done that. Yes, they sell goodies and will gladly advise you on them but nothing like the heavy handed sales tactics of the cruise spas.
Old February 16th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Admiral

you can do 1/2hr or 1 hour massages. The run about double what you would pay for it at home.
Old February 16th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to luvnursing777

Thanks for the advice everyone it helped a lot
Old February 16th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Blossom
I find that ship spa services are almost double what they are here in central Louisiana. And since the poor massage therapists do more than the industry norm I have not found them to be as good because the poor ladies are so tired. Giving a massage is a workout if you've never done it.

!
Tell that to the massage gal on the Serenade who did my deep tissue massage...I didn't think something so petite could push so HARD!!!! FWIW, my massage was at 9:00 p.m....she apparently hadn't lost that much strength during the day.
Old February 17th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Captain

PJY, glad you got a good massage. Mine seem to have dropped in quality as spa services have gotten more popular over the years. Industry average is 5 1 hour massages a day. More than that is really hard on the joints of the therapist. My last conversation with a cruise M.T. said they usually did about 12 a day, not all for a full hour but still, that's a lot of physical work.