Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Passenger

Default how do I get to the port of miami??

We are flying in to FLL on a Saturday with our cruise leaving on a Sunday. We are planning to rent a car in FLL and drive to Miami on Saturday, staying overnight in Miami. Few questions...I really appreciate any advice you may have!
1. Is any rental company way better than another?
2. When should we return the rental car? On Saturday and then get a taxi from our hotel to the port (staying in Blue Lagoon area) OR should we keep the rental car until Sunday?
3. How much does the cruise charge for transport to the pier from MIA airport? (We could get a hotel shuttle back to the airport)
4. Do any of the car rental places provide a shuttle?

And yes...money makes a difference to us. We'd like "cheapest" options.

Thanks for any answers!!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I know there's an Enterprise, and a Hertz rental office about 5 -10 minutes from the port. Drop the luggage off with the porters, return the car, and they'll shuttle you back to the port.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 20th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Passenger

Went on a cruise last yar out of Miami. What a mess! Talk about messed up roads. I'll be cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale in 2 weeks, hope it's better. I know Pt. Canaveral was easy to get to. Take a shuttle if possible. Not worth the agravation to start your trip.
Old February 20th, 2006, 05:29 PM
First Mate

Port Everglades is a dream compared to Miami. FLL is a wonderful airport to fly in and out of, and because we almost always fly Southwest, it's the only place in southeast Florida to fly to. From the airport to the cruise port is about a 10 min taxi ride, and it cost us less than $20.00 for the both of us with the tip.

The last time we cruised out of Miami, last March on The Brilliance, we flew into FLL, then took a shared ride to the hotel in Miami. The car cost us $28.00 for the two of us. No hassels, no need for reservations. We just went outside of the terminal and signed up at the desk. We waited less than 5 mins for a car and away we went. The ride to the hotel took about 45 mins, because of traffic, the other couple in the car with us was going to the same place. The next morning we took a taxi from the hotel to the cruise port, again it was very reasonably priced and took only a few mins. We we onboard the Brilliance and had a coctail in hand before 11:15.

Queen Mary 2, Canada

Enchantment, Western Carribbean

Century, Caribbean

Century, Western Mediterranean

Jewel, Eastern Caribbean
Old February 21st, 2006, 11:04 AM
Passenger

Excellent! Just what I wanted to hear, Ft. Lauderdale much better than Miami. 1 1/2 weeks to go!
Old February 22nd, 2006, 02:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RE:

**** DO NOT BOOK SHUTTLE 411, THEY ARE HORRIBLE! They never showed up to pick up my clients and they didn't reimburse them either saying it was their fault for being too pushy over the phone!!!