Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2006, 10:33 AM
First Mate

Default Labadee..... jet ski rentals??

Greetings everyone!!

Was reading in another persons post that there are rentals for water sport equipment on the beaches. I am looking specifically for jet ski or wave runner rentals. When I was there two yrs back, I didn't see any rentals like this available. Can anyone there recently confirm this? On the shorex listings on RCI.com they list a jet ski tour which is guided... but not interested in paying for the guided tour if we don't have time to open the throttle up and take it out full speed and ride the waves.
RCCL Voyager 10/04
RCCL Enchantment 10/03
RCCL Adventure 2/03
Carnival Imagination 10/97
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2006, 02:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RE:

Hey there, we did the one in Cococay which is also a guided tour. I also was looking forward to just going nuts on them and doing 360's and such but probably due to safety reasons, they have to maintain some control through the guided tour. The way it went though, they sent one guide out first, and then the first psgr would take off after a count of ten and they advised you to just go full speed to avoid hitting the waves so much. It was about 1 1/2 - 2 football field lengths between each jet ski. At the end of the line was another guide to help those that may have trouble with their ski, or have fallen off which i assumed would be my mother, but she did quite well. It was a pretty cool tour though and I am booking it again when we go in April!!
Old February 21st, 2006, 07:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

If you want to ride on jet skis, you'll have to do the waverunner excursion. They will let you go in front and go faster, which we did, but then we'd just have to stop and wait until the rest of the group caught up with us, it was great fun.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 25th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to swannyb

Labadee is a RCCL stop, all the excursions setup on Labadee are Shore Excursions through RCCL. Unfortunately there are no private options for renting watercraft but coming from a guy who rides all summer long in Wisconsin/Minnesota, I thought the experience was good and we were even allowed to catch some air!
- Majesty of the Seas, Mar 2004
- Grandeur of the Seas, Mar 2006

NCL Cruises Sailed
- Norwegian Sea, Apr 2000
- S.S. Norway, Dec 2000