Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2006, 08:30 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to ms_Kalamity
Default Radiance class ships/cell phones?

Recently I read something about the Radiance class ships being equiped with cell phone antennae systems, so that you could have/use your personal cell phones while you are out to sea. Does anyone know if Serenade of the Seas has this yet. And if so does it charge everyone roaming charges, or is it free to all who have cell phones as long as their specific plan handles that particular area of travel? We are doing the Alaska inside passage in June, and will have Alaska in our calling plan.

Thanks
Jane

Independance of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas, October, 2007
Serenade of the Seas June, 2006
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I can't say if Serenade has the onboard cell service but I can say that cellular service is available in almost every Alaskan port that you will visit on an Inside Passage cruise.

That means that you will be able to use your cell phone in just about every day. You will lose service fairly quickly when you leave port.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me