Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2006, 01:56 PM
Beginner

Default First Time Cruisers

We're first time cruisers, and I would like some suggestions and/or advise that anyone can give me. My husband & I are going on RCCL (mariner of the sea) on march 4-11, 2007. Maybe some suggestions on what to bring & how to travel as far as "short cuts". Any ideas to make it more enjoyable and what should we expect when at Port & at sea.
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2006, 03:17 PM
Passenger

It would be helpful if you asked some specific questions.....
Old March 3rd, 2006, 07:52 PM
Admiral

Dutch59,

We're first time cruisers, and I would like some suggestions and/or advise that anyone can give me. My husband & I are going on RCCL (mariner of the sea) on march 4-11, 2007. Maybe some suggestions on what to bring & how to travel as far as "short cuts".

As far as what to bring, I posted my packing list for a fourteen-day cruise to a tropical destination and an adaptation thereof for ladies (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=546737) in a thread on that subject on the "Cruise Dress and Packing" discussion board. You can derive a pretty good packing list for your cruise by reducing the shirts or tops, the underwear, and the pairs of men's socks by seven of each item and the medicines by seven days (this will give you one extra change of clothes and an extra day's medicines in case you get delayed and have to stay overnight on the way home), adjusting the number of items for formal wear to correspond to the number of formal evenings on your itineriary, and dropping the items for "informal" evenings (which Royal Caribbean International's cruises do not have). That post also contains several tips that you might find helpful.

It's too bad that your cruise is still over a year away....

Norm.
Old March 3rd, 2006, 07:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I highly recommend reading our First Time Cruisers Arcticles. LOTS of tips and helpful hints there from our writers.
http://cruisemates.com/articles/firsttime/
Old March 4th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Pre-Registration

Pre-registration: I don't know if RCL has this online but Carnival and Princess do. If you go into the RCL's site and create a password then pre-register, you time involved with boarding time will move faster. Last time I pre-registered and the entire process at "check in" was fast. Not quite as fast as my son he was the first one aboard the ship (the first sailing out of Tampa Bay on the Miracle). The news media took pics. of my son and he was on the news that night we heard.