Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Passenger

Default RCCL Ship Suggestions 2/07

I am planning to take my first RCCL vacation Feb 07. I would like to get some suggestions as to which ship is best. We would prefer to sail out of Florida, 7-8 nights, Itinerary does not matter that much to us. Any suggestions for the ship any of you have enjoyed would be greatly appreciated!!!
Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Actually, there are quite a few nice Royal Caribbean ships and depending on your age and what activities you enjoy, there are plenty to choose from. Royal Caribbean will have a new ship coming out this year, Freedom of the Seas, the biggest to date with lots of new stuff.

Of course there is any of the "Voyager" class that also have lots to do onboard and go out of Fl for 7 night cruises. If you really don't want all the activities on board, some of the most beautiful ships are the "Radiance" class, also not as huge, but absolutely breathtaking. I'm sure we'll soon be hearing all about Freedom as it begins its cruises. I'll be on in Sept., and will take lots of pics and write a review, it already sounds like its going to be a heck of a cruise.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 13th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Admiral

I couldn't have said it better. Donna has described each class of ship perfectly. It all depends on what you are looking for on your cruise? Personally, my favorite class of ship is the Radiance Class. But, I've had great times on the Voyager Class ships. I'm going on Freedom in September with Donna and I'm sure we are going to have a blast. Good luck with your decision and let us know what you come up with.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old March 13th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Passenger

Thanks fo rthe info I did some research and found the serenade out of Puerto Rico with a great itinerary, however, I have some trepidation flying into and out of P.R. Anyone have any experiences good or Bad on a ship out of P.R. ??? Other passengers, airport hassles, etc.
Old March 13th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I haven't had any serious problems with flying in or out of San Juan...Of course on the days when there are a lot of ships departing and arriving, the airport can be busy, just allow plenty of time and use cabs to and from the pier, its the quickest and less of a hassle than doing the cruiseline transfers. I actually love doing a Southern itinary, more islands to visit, but less sea days. The seas are usually nice and calm too. Unfortunately, you'll hardly ever find any good air deals when flying to SJU, its just the way it is, but I find its worth it once you get there and get on that ship.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 14th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

Yep, I agree with Donna. We went in April & surprisingly, the airport was fairly empty. Maybe because we caught an early flight out on a Thursday.

The airport is about....15-20 minute drive? Do youself a favor & fly down the day before. We arrived on Saturday morning about 11:30am & by 11:45am we were on the ship. Maybe 30 people in front of us. Check-in has about...10(?) check-in spots, so it moved fast.

We choose the one out of PR because everyday we were at a different island. It was alot of running around with excursions at each island, but well worth it! Leaving was no problem either. But because PR is an International airport, it was very busy. Between check-in luggage, waiting on security lines, another security check (they have 2 I believe), it took about 2 hours. So plan a later day flight home if possible. Email me with any questions.
Old March 18th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Passenger

If time and budget is not a big issue, fly into San Juan a day early, and stay a day after and catch an early flight to avoid the crowds.

Voyager of the Seas March 2000
Adventure of the Seas March 2002
Navigator of the Seas March 2003
Serenade of the Seas March 2004
Enchantment of the Seas January 2006