Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Linda A
Default Cococay anyone???

Has anyone been to Cococay Bahamas? It says it is a private area for Royal Caribbean guests. What did you do there? How was it? Any problems getting there since it is tendered (SP) The site says there is no restuarants there. How did you eat? You are there from 7-4

Any help would be appreciated.

Linda A
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

It's RCI's private island in the bahamas. Lots of beach area, and they offer various "excursions", or you can just get a lounger and lay on the beach, or rent a float for dips in ocean.

They have a large bar-b-q area, and bring all the supplies from the ship.. so food is included as it would be on the ship. You only have to purchase drinks.

Because it is a spot where tendering is necessary, if weather/water conditions don't permit safe tendering there is a chance you won't make the stop.
Old March 14th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Yeah, what Kuki said.

It is beautiful. I have been there a half dozen times and the beauty never ceases to amaze me. Last year, I took my 12 year old with me on the Jet Ski tour and had the best time of our whole entire life. They continully improve on the facilities there and keep up with the hurricane damage.

You will have a great day! 8)

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old March 14th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Admiral

You probably won't be there at 7 a.m. When we were there in February, we weren't able to tender to the island until around 9-ish. It is a beautiful island and a great day of relaxation.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old March 14th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Linda A

Thank you guys. I am planning a 50th wedding anniversary cruise for my parents with my family. I am trying to convince all of my siblings and their families to go and they have never cruised before. We all live in many different states and when we get together it seems like cooking and preparing meals takes up a lot of our time together. I want to spend a week with my family where it is all about spending time together. Of course I want it to be perfect so I will be asking many questions. Thank you so much for your help. My parents have been on two cruises and both have been on Western Caribbean. We want to do Eastern and there are only two ships going on a 7 day cruise the week we want to go. The Mariner from Port Canaveral and the Explorer from Miami. Any thoughts on those two ships? The Mariner goes to Cococay in the Bahamas, and has one more Sea Day. The Explorer goes to another port in the Bahamas and Goes to San Juan. Then they both go to St. Thomas and St. Maarten(sp)

Thank you so much for your help

Linda A
Old March 15th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Linda: If you are planning a family reunion, I would definitely suggest that you use a travel agent. The travel agent can help greatly with a group cruise. There are some perks you will be able to take advantage of if you have enough cabins booked. We recently did our family reunion in February aboard Mariner of the Seas. It was a great ship for that.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old March 15th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default RE:

Ditto on what Marylou says! I am going on Sovereign of the Seas April 17, 2006 for a family reunion of about 50 people. We tried setting it up ourselves but when deposit time came around, it was way too confusing and a hassle to chase people for money so we transferred it over to a travel agent.

In reference to CocoCay though, I LOVED it!!! More so than Nassau because it was peaceful and quiet. The BBQ was good, the scenery was beautiful, and I heard they recently put in some trails that go around to the other side of the island which was previously off limits. Lots to do, and many many places to relax. Like Dave the Wave said, the jet ski tour is a must! They take you from CocoCay on a jet ski between 1-3 out to smaller neighboring islands and you explore on your jet ski. We saw Starfish Alley which was awesome...about 8 feet of water but it was so crystal clear to the bottom it looked like about 3 feet down! We saw lots of stingrays in the mangroves, and some other neat fish swimming under our ski.

Tendering is always in question because the Bahamas are usually windy. We were lucky enough to get there so it depends on the time of year that you plan on traveling.
Old March 15th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Our family loved having a day at Coco Cay. My husband took the older children parasailing and we all snorkeled. It was great to lay on the beach, in the sun, pina colada in hand, listening to the waves.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old March 15th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Passenger

Default Just back from Mariner

Some people like to know a little about the person who gives info so here goes-
Husband and I returned from the Mariner 3/5. Our 7th cruise in 6 years (3 Celebrity, 4 Royal Caribbean). We are early 50's (going on 39.....) live in Kentucky.
We loved the Mariner - beautiful, clean ship, great staff, food was great. Great ship for all ages. Even has an outdoor basketball court, in-line skating track, rock wall, plus plenty for younger children. If you choose the Mariner, don't miss the ice skating show - great for all ages.
Our cruise didn't go to Coco Cay (Labadee instead) but we have been to Coco Cay - liked it better - on a previous cruise and it is beautiful and plenty to do, or just relax. Royal Caribbean does an outstanding BBQ there, so no need to worry about food!
Pam