Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Beginner

Default Monarch of the Seas, sailing 17th April

Hi all,
My partner and I are first timers on any cruise, so its all a mystery to me!
I have been reading all reports and revues and forums I can get..but there is one important question I need answered.
I am a smoker...can i smoke in my cabin or is it in smoking sections of the ship only? I dont have a problem not smoking in a restaurant, but are there smoking bars?
Another question...I know that food is included in the cost of a cruise, but if we decide to eat elsewhere on the boat, is that meal free too?
As we are doing the cruise on our way home to Australia, (after 4 weeks away, we wont be taking any suits (for him) or extra fancy clothes for me,) we are not into formal nights.
Cheers from Oz,
Sharon
Sponsored Links
Old March 17th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Sharon:

There are bars that do allow smoking. All food is included other than Ben & Jerrys and Lattitudes and Jade (sushi). On non-formal nights for the dining room nice slacks and a shirt with a collar for him and slacks/skirt and top or dress for you are fine. The Windjammer (buffet) is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and you can wear jeans, shorts, t-shirts there.
I just sailed the Monarch and found that while the weather was nice and sunny average temp. was about 65°. Make sure you bring a light jacket with you.

Have a great time.

Darcy
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03