Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 17th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Passenger

Default Is this the right cruise line for mid-twenties couple?

Hi everyone,

I am considering travelling on an RCI cruise this December, between 7 and 10 days in the Caribbean, Bahamas or Panama Canal. Just wondering if you'd recommend this cruise line for a mid-twenties couple? What is the crowd like on this cruiseline?

I'm trying to decide between this cruise line and princess? Any princess reviews?

Also, when would be a good time to book for an early December (cruising as early as the 1st) departure. Now or last minute? Any recommended cheap websites?

I really appreciate the help!
Jackie
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

This without a doubt a great cruise line for mid twentys. I cruised this line 4 times while I was in my twentys and had a blast every time. I think you would without a doubt like it better than Princess for your age group. We were on the Grand Princess a few years ago and did not really care for it. It was by no stretch bad but just not our speed if you know what I mean. When it comes to price, it is a real toss up. I have found that you need to shop around everytime you book. We used to always use the same agent for years but now find that you have to do your homework every year. Try the option on this site that lets the agents bid against each other to get the booking. I have not tried it but many have said that it works really good. Good luck.
Old March 18th, 2006, 09:34 AM
First Mate

Been on two RCCL and had daughters in their 20's with us and they had a great time. I did hear on our last cruise (a week ago) that the Panama trips usually have older folks on them, not sure about this! Ever think of trying Carnival. We are in our late 40's, hubby is 50 and we just did our first carnival and booked another one already. Found it to be more fun, not rowdy or the horror stories we heard in the past. We had a great time and seemed more upbeat. Food was definitely better.
Have a great cruise whichever you choose!!!!
RC Grandeur of the Seas Oct. 2009
Carnival Liberty March 2008
RC Adventures of the Sea Feb. 2007
Carnival Liberty March 2006
Enchantment of the Seas June 2004
Monarch of the Seas March 2003
The Big Red Boat March 1997
Old March 19th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Admiral

I think you'll have a great time on either line. You might keep in mind, that in general, the longer the cruise, the older the crowd. Princess is a great line too, and IMO the food is a bit better. Entertainment is better on RCL, and the crowd a bit younger, but having said that, once again, you won't go wrong with either.
We too, formally used a particular agent, but have started shopping for the best price. Now we've started using, and telling all our friends about CruiseCompete. It's the greatest thing going. Let all the agents do the work, and you sit back and watch the great prices roll in, then select the one you like best. How can you beat it?????
Have a great time, and we'll;
See you aboard,
Ken
Old March 21st, 2006, 05:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

The websites won't matter where you go for pricing for Royal (don't know about Princess line). Royal's policy on cruise prices is that any Travel Agent, Website, etc. CANNOT sell below their cost.

I would book the trip through a Travel Agent. It's better in case there are any questions or problems.

Serenade of the Seas is 7 day in the Caribbean. It'll be nice that time of year since people are running around Christmas shopping here in the States so it might not be that crowded. The ship itself would be perfect for you guys (at least in my opinion anyway).

I have photo's posted over at www.webshots.com. Click on the Community button at the top. When that page comes up, scroll to the bottom & under the Find Member, type in Cassie4486. My album will come up & you just click on the link. Has photo's of the ship & the islands along with descriptions of each photo. Enjoy!!!
Old March 21st, 2006, 08:43 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Rob M.

I am 24 and have been on the Carnival Conquest and Grand Princess. Going on Royal Caribbean this fall.

While I loved the Princess ship and food, I would not really reccomend it for the younger crowd. As another poster said the entertainment and activities are lacking on Princess. It was indeed a much much older crowd than the Carnival Cruise we took.

I think Royal Caribbean will fit us just well.

Crown Princess - Southern Caribbean 10/27/2007

Freedom of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean 2/24/2008

Radiance of the Seas - Hawaii Circle Cruise - Fall 2008

Past Cruises:
Grand Princess - W. Caribbean - Jan 2006
Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - Jan 2005
Radiance of The Seas - September 2006 - 14 nights R/T Los Angeles to Hawaii
Old March 22nd, 2006, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I'll have to agree with most of the posters, think Royal Caribbean will be a good fit for cruisers in their 20's over Princess. Its just geared for a younger crowd and families with kids. I also thought the entertainment was more enjoyable on Royal Caribbean than Princess.

Message Boards Moderator