CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Can a couple sit alone? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/310930-can-couple-sit-alone.html)

jacadelic March 18th, 2006 04:44 PM

Can a couple sit alone?

If you want to sit alone as a couple, is that an issue?

Kuki March 18th, 2006 06:41 PM

There are limited numbers of tables for 2. You can certainly have your agent request one with your booking. And if that fails, see the Maitre d onboard.

Robbie H March 19th, 2006 10:09 AM

This is a problem on "RCI" and I don't see it being resolved. So a table for two? Possible..yes. Probable...no. There are very few tables for two and when you consider that they are trying to feed a thousand people (or more) at one time, you can understand why it's easier to put us at large tables. BUT I keep plugging and we make it happen on rare occasion. Good luck in your hunt, Robbie

The Cruise Guy March 19th, 2006 01:26 PM

We have sailed RCL 16 times. ALWAYS requested a table for two, have never been turned down.

LisaK March 20th, 2006 11:31 AM

put your request in now. IF you booked with a TA have her do it for you. If you booked with RCCL direct,just give them a call, make sure you have your booking number handy, the cruise vacation specialits are very helpful.

agolfpro2b March 21st, 2006 11:01 AM

i am not sure how it is on other ships but we were on the grandeur ots recently and there were several places we could sit alone as a couple.

our balcony
windjammer
pool deck
paladium theater (loveseat for two, if that counts as sitting alone)
any of the lounges, (schooner bar, south pacific lounge, singing in the rain , and viking crown lounge)

from what i recall, we did not make any special request.

Roland March 21st, 2006 12:19 PM

Absolutely right a2b 8)

Rysia March 21st, 2006 01:00 PM

If you really want to sit alone, like the others have said it shouldn't be a problem but if you want my opinion it is sometimes more fun to sit with a group. In the past it has generally worked out well and we have met some very nice people. You might get a couple of duds, but it's only for 1-1/2 - 2 hours anyway.

The people sitting at the larger tables are always the ones who seem to be doing the most laughing and having a good time and that's what it's all about, isn't it?

:D

Roland March 21st, 2006 01:10 PM

Agree again, Rysia :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rysia
The people sitting at the larger tables are always the ones who seem to be doing the most laughing and having a good time and that's what it's all about, isn't it?:D

Fieldmouse March 21st, 2006 01:15 PM

When we first started cruising we thought we would want a table for two...boy are we happy we didn't get one. We've met some great people on all 5 of our cruises. We haven't had a dud yet.

We have seen couples sitting alone at tables for two and they always look a little sad. You can see them staring at the other tables that are laughing and having a great time, somehow you think they are wishing they were sharing in the fun.

I'll admit, we wouldn't want to eat EVERY meal with a group...but we certainly enjoy dinner with a table for 6 or 8..sharing our experiences of the day, etc. It's a fun time and makes dinner an event too!

Cassandra March 21st, 2006 05:23 PM

We were on Serenade last April & I didn't see any tables for 2. There could have been some, but probably tucked away in the corners??

candbgirl March 22nd, 2006 09:47 PM

Why would you want to sit alone? That is half the fun-meeting people from all over. Why don't you sit at a table for 8 and if you need a night alone go to one of the specialty restaurants. You'll be glad you have a table full of people.

PJY March 24th, 2006 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassandra
We were on Serenade last April & I didn't see any tables for 2. There could have been some, but probably tucked away in the corners??

There were several tables for two on the Serenade over
Thanksgiving. Two of the cruises I have been on have either been with my wife and I or my daughter and I, and we sat a a group table. We met some very interesting and nice people that way...one cruise on HAL, my wife and I were seated at a table with two couples from Holland - Wonderful people we would never had had the pleasure of meeting had we not been at their table.