Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Passenger

Default Can a couple sit alone?

If you want to sit alone as a couple, is that an issue?
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

There are limited numbers of tables for 2. You can certainly have your agent request one with your booking. And if that fails, see the Maitre d onboard.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 19th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Captain

This is a problem on "RCI" and I don't see it being resolved. So a table for two? Possible..yes. Probable...no. There are very few tables for two and when you consider that they are trying to feed a thousand people (or more) at one time, you can understand why it's easier to put us at large tables. BUT I keep plugging and we make it happen on rare occasion. Good luck in your hunt, Robbie
Old March 19th, 2006, 01:26 PM
First Mate

We have sailed RCL 16 times. ALWAYS requested a table for two, have never been turned down.
Old March 20th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Admiral

put your request in now. IF you booked with a TA have her do it for you. If you booked with RCCL direct,just give them a call, make sure you have your booking number handy, the cruise vacation specialits are very helpful.
Old March 21st, 2006, 11:01 AM
Passenger

i am not sure how it is on other ships but we were on the grandeur ots recently and there were several places we could sit alone as a couple.

our balcony
windjammer
pool deck
paladium theater (loveseat for two, if that counts as sitting alone)
any of the lounges, (schooner bar, south pacific lounge, singing in the rain , and viking crown lounge)

from what i recall, we did not make any special request.
Old March 21st, 2006, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Absolutely right a2b 8)
Old March 21st, 2006, 01:00 PM
Passenger

If you really want to sit alone, like the others have said it shouldn't be a problem but if you want my opinion it is sometimes more fun to sit with a group. In the past it has generally worked out well and we have met some very nice people. You might get a couple of duds, but it's only for 1-1/2 - 2 hours anyway.

The people sitting at the larger tables are always the ones who seem to be doing the most laughing and having a good time and that's what it's all about, isn't it?

Old March 21st, 2006, 01:10 PM
Admiral

Agree again, Rysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysia
The people sitting at the larger tables are always the ones who seem to be doing the most laughing and having a good time and that's what it's all about, isn't it?
Old March 21st, 2006, 01:15 PM
Admiral

When we first started cruising we thought we would want a table for two...boy are we happy we didn't get one. We've met some great people on all 5 of our cruises. We haven't had a dud yet.

We have seen couples sitting alone at tables for two and they always look a little sad. You can see them staring at the other tables that are laughing and having a great time, somehow you think they are wishing they were sharing in the fun.

I'll admit, we wouldn't want to eat EVERY meal with a group...but we certainly enjoy dinner with a table for 6 or 8..sharing our experiences of the day, etc. It's a fun time and makes dinner an event too!
Old March 21st, 2006, 05:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

We were on Serenade last April & I didn't see any tables for 2. There could have been some, but probably tucked away in the corners??
Old March 22nd, 2006, 09:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Why would you want to sit alone? That is half the fun-meeting people from all over. Why don't you sit at a table for 8 and if you need a night alone go to one of the specialty restaurants. You'll be glad you have a table full of people.
Old March 24th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra
We were on Serenade last April & I didn't see any tables for 2. There could have been some, but probably tucked away in the corners??
There were several tables for two on the Serenade over
Thanksgiving. Two of the cruises I have been on have either been with my wife and I or my daughter and I, and we sat a a group table. We met some very interesting and nice people that way...one cruise on HAL, my wife and I were seated at a table with two couples from Holland - Wonderful people we would never had had the pleasure of meeting had we not been at their table.