Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2006, 10:03 AM
First Mate

Default Back from the Mariner

Hey All....

Just got back from Western Caribbean on the Mariner. If anyone has questions on the ship or ports... give me a call. If your heading out soon... be sure to look for bartender named Charmie.... he was working in the Schooner bar when I was on... he is the best bartender on board and is very very entertaining. I know RCCL usually moves staff around each cruise... so he may not be there in upcoming weeks.

He will put on a real show for you... says he trained Tom Cruise in Cocktail...... and will do lots of tricks at the bar. Be sure to ask him to show you the "cherry trick". You will be asking how he did that when it is over!!
RCCL Voyager 10/04
RCCL Enchantment 10/03
RCCL Adventure 2/03
Carnival Imagination 10/97
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2006, 01:26 PM
Admiral

Wiseguy: I'm so glad you enjoyed Mariner. We sailed her in February and enjoyed her very much!
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old March 22nd, 2006, 07:52 PM
Passenger

Hello,
What time did you get off the ship when going home? I am going on the ship in september and wanted to see if I could book a early flight, not to early though, I sailed on her 2 years ago and loved the ship. Who is the cruise director on the ship now? What deck were you on? I reserved deck 7 balcony room. Thanks!
Old March 22nd, 2006, 08:48 PM
Admiral

We were one of the last off the ship and it was around 9:30 if memory serves. Don't forget you have a bit of a ride to the airport...so don't book your flight too early. And our security lines were really long when we flew out in February.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old March 23rd, 2006, 07:25 AM
Passenger

WISEGUY,
WELCOME BACK GLAD YOU ENJOYED!We were on her last july,will be on her again in december!Trying Navigator in July.Welcome home!
Old March 23rd, 2006, 07:51 AM
Passenger

Will be sailing on the Mariner in April. Couple of questions...#1...What is the best night to try one of the specialty restaurants?...#2...Who is the Cruise Director? Thanks!
Old March 23rd, 2006, 11:19 AM
First Mate

PJV & Island04: Who is the cruise director?

The current CD is James Andrews..... however he is scheduled to depart Mariner in the next few weeks. Going on vacation and when he comes back, he is headed to Freedom. So I don't know who will be CD after him. It was not announced that he was leaving, but I got the info from a member of the CD staff.

island04: What is best night to try specialty restaurant?

Due to it being spring break, there were lots of families (over 900 teens and younger on board) and about another 500 or so college kids on board. You could pretty much pick any night to eat there without problems. I was on the Eastern voyage (not sure if Western voyage dinner schedule is different) but Formal Nights were on Monday (day 2) and on Thursday (day 5) Lobster was on dining room menu on Friday (day6).

PJV: What time did you get off the ship when going home?

I was off the ship early.... by 8am. Took a total of 15 minutes to disembark, go through customs, and claim luggage, and was on a bus back to MCO. They seem to have a very smooth operation here. When we embarked the previous Sunday, we arrived before 10:30am and there were no guests from previous week left. Departure paperwork says everyone is off the ship no later than 10:30am... and it looks like they mean it. Trip to MCO is about 50 minutes from the pier with no traffic problems. I would recommend a flight out of MCO sometime between noon and 1pm. Just be sure to let info/purser desk know what time your flight departs and they will be sure to get you off the ship on time.

Was in balcony cabin on deck 9 port side.... .right at the beginning of the bump out! Was great! Both of you enjoy your cruises..... and maybe see you on board... maybe headed out on Western itinerary at the end of April if all goes well! [/quote]
RCCL Voyager 10/04
RCCL Enchantment 10/03
RCCL Adventure 2/03
Carnival Imagination 10/97
Old March 24th, 2006, 01:04 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the reply, Wiscguy! I really appreciate the info. I will be cruising on April 23rd. Can't wait! Thanks for the wishes for a good cruise! Have a great weekend!