Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2006, 08:25 PM
Passenger

Default Magen's Bay, St. Thomas

Is it really as good of a beach as everyone says?
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2006, 09:01 PM
Yeoman

Default Megans Bay - St. Thomas

It truly is picture postcard beautiful. Our son was married there three years ago.

Betty
cruise #19 booked: Crown Princess, 9/30/06

cruise #20 booked: Carnival Liberty, 1/14/07
Old March 23rd, 2006, 10:33 PM
Passenger

It is beautiful but if you snorkel - Coki Point is better to spend the day. Looking down @ Magen from Moutain Top is breathtaking!
Old March 24th, 2006, 05:41 AM
Passenger

Awesome! Thanks.
Do you just catch a cab there from the ship?
Old March 24th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Admiral

yes it is a gorgeous beach, but it is a bit of a tourist trap- it gets very crowded, and it costs more than other beaches, there is no snorkeling here. If you want to snorkel at a beautiful beach then check out Sapphire or any of the beaches over on St. John Island.
Old March 24th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Its very easy to get a cab to Meagans Bay, but depending on traffic, it could take a little while. They also go through downtown on the way back, so if you'd like to get out and shop, you can do that too.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 25th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to kimxotennis

my family and I have been to st.thomas 5 times now, we'll be going our 6th this july on another cruise--maegans bay(however you spell it) isn't all its cracked up to be. it is in like the top 5 in the whole world, but it gets very crowded and well...its a beach and the water is beautiful, but so are all of the other beaches in st.thomas. this one gets very very crowded and pricey, id reccomend sapphire as a great alternative!
Old March 26th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Passenger

Yeah ive heard Sapphire is good too. I like crowded beaches though and price really isnt an issue but I actually might check some other ones out. Thanks for all the help
Old March 26th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Passenger

Hi,

St. Thomas is one of my favorite ports. We've been there many times. In my opinion it is a beautiful beach one of the nicest in the Caribbean.
I recommen planning to spend time there and bring a camera for plenty of pictures.

Which cruise are you going on? Which ship?

Enjoy,

Nancy
Old March 27th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruzinladies
Hi,

St. Thomas is one of my favorite ports. We've been there many times. In my opinion it is a beautiful beach one of the nicest in the Caribbean.
I recommen planning to spend time there and bring a camera for plenty of pictures.

Which cruise are you going on? Which ship?

Enjoy,

Nancy
I'm going on Voyager of the Seas on April the 1st.
Old March 27th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Passenger

Hi,

I've been on Voyager. Had a balcony room. On that cruise we went to the Western Caribbean.

The ship is beautiful. Our cabin was very nice. I remember spending a lot of time on my verandah there.

The ship has a very nice internet cafe and library.

I have to admit that I'm used to ships that are smaller that carry about 1,900 passengers so I found her to be a bit large for my personal taste. But she is a lovely ship. The crew was nice.

You will like St. Thomas. I think because of the ship's size they dock at the naval base in St. Thomas. Smaller ships dock near the shopping complex.

If you like jewelry you will find St. Thomas a great place toshop.

Have a great time.

Nancy
Old March 29th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruzinladies
Hi,

I've been on Voyager. Had a balcony room. On that cruise we went to the Western Caribbean.

The ship is beautiful. Our cabin was very nice. I remember spending a lot of time on my verandah there.

The ship has a very nice internet cafe and library.

I have to admit that I'm used to ships that are smaller that carry about 1,900 passengers so I found her to be a bit large for my personal taste. But she is a lovely ship. The crew was nice.

You will like St. Thomas. I think because of the ship's size they dock at the naval base in St. Thomas. Smaller ships dock near the shopping complex.

If you like jewelry you will find St. Thomas a great place toshop.

Have a great time.

Nancy
=] Good to hear you had a nice time! Ive been on all the other voyager class ships except for Voyager and Navigator but its still exciting to see the huge ship everytime. I agree, St. Thomas is really nice to shop I have tons of jewelry from there. I think this time i'll hit up the beach instead of mommy's wallet Thanks for the info!