Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Passenger

Default Going private in Belize?

Is it safe to go via a private tour for cave tubing in Belize? I am worried about not making it back in time for the tenders, but at the same time I have a non-swimmer with me so would prefer the more personal attention of a smaller group. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

That was always my main concern in Belize, so we did an excursion I booked through the cruiseline. I have heard of groups almost being left behind because they were late arriving back, if it hadn't been for a ship tour that was late the other group would have missed the ship. Just make sure the time frame allows plenty of time for emergencies or re-consider a ship tour in Belize.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 27th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

We used X-Stream when we went and were very happy with them. We were there before the ship's group and were back to the pier before the ship's group. Having said that, we had a lot of time in port. Some ships spend less time in port than others. If you're really tight on time I would go with the ship's tour. It's about an hour inland to caves, then a 45 min walk to the jump in point.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old March 27th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Passenger

I just checked and we will be in port from 7am - 5pm. Is that considered a good amount of time?
Old March 29th, 2006, 02:35 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX
Default cave tubing

I went cave tubing in Belize in Feb.I booked a private tour with Yhony that was amazing! He is wonderful and I felt very safe.

From what I saw while going thru the caves with Yhony,I would NEVER book a tour thru the ship.I NEVER saw any tour guides with the ships passengers.Im sure there had to be some,but several of the ships passengers got into trouble and Yhony had to go rescue them.He also knows those caves very well and was telling the 6 of us on his tour along with telling the ships passengers when to lift their rears out of the shallow water.He told us everything that was coming up,so we knew exactly what to expect and was there if we needed his assistance.

Go with Yhony,you wont be sorry! If you have any questions or concerns just email him and he will reply pronto! Dot