Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Passenger

Default Having trouble paking for my first cruise..

Hello everyone!
I am heading to the Bahamas for my first cruise in 19 days.
Everytime I ask someone what to pack, I always get a different answer.
Do people wear jean shorts(nice ones, of course) on board? If someone could answer that for me, I would be so grateful!
Old March 28th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Admiral

Shorts are the norm where appropriate on the ship.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old March 28th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Admiral

love2travelsouth,

Hello everyone!
I am heading to the Bahamas for my first cruise in 19 days.
Everytime I ask someone what to pack, I always get a different answer.
Do people wear jean shorts(nice ones, of course) on board? If someone could answer that for me, I would be so grateful!

I would avoid bringing anything of denim on a cruise.

You did not say how long your cruise is, but here's a summary of what to bring.

>> Wear one polo or golf shirt with slacks (gents) or one top with a skirt (ladies) with shoes. (there's a possibility that your luggage might not arrive in your luggage before dinner, so wear clothes that you can wear to dinner on the first evening.)

>> Bring ON PERSON OR IN IN CARRY-ON: a supply of all medicines that's sufficient for the whoe trip plus a day, in the original containers provide by the pharmacy, your cruise and transfer tickets, and your passports (or, if you don't have passports, proof of citizenship and official photo identifiction)

>> Daywear: bring one polo or golf shirt (gents) or one top (ladies) and one change of underwear for each night of the cruise, plus one complete spare set. Also, bring three or four pairs of shorts and a pair of sandals or moccasins.

>> Eveningwear: Bring a tuxedo, dinner jacket outfit, or dark suit (gents) or a formal gown or formal cocktail dress with a different set of accessories for each formal evening (ladies) and dress shoes to wear the formal evening(s). Also, bring three or four pairs of slacks (gents) or skirts (ladies) to wear with daytime shirts or tops on the casual evenings.

>> Miscellaneous: Bring two swimsuits (nylon-lycra is best), a Hawai'ian shirt (gents) or dress (ladies) for the evening deck party, athletic wear and athletic shoes if you plan to work out, bible and/or prayer book (according to your faith).

Have a great cruise!

Norm.

P. S.: The best island swimsuit is the one that takes up the least space in your suitcase.
Old March 28th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Admiral

Totally disagree. Jeans (long pants or shorts) are perfectly fine aboard a ship in the proper enviorment.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old March 28th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to swannyb

In proper condition, not torn, ripped or trashed in any way, they will be allowed. I have seen a lot worse then jean shorts allowed.
- Majesty of the Seas, Mar 2004
- Grandeur of the Seas, Mar 2006

NCL Cruises Sailed
- Norwegian Sea, Apr 2000
- S.S. Norway, Dec 2000
Old March 29th, 2006, 02:25 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX

You can wear jean shorts,just NOT in the dining room.You can wear long jeans,but I never take them on my Carribean cruise,as they are too hot.
Old March 29th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalTX
You can wear jean shorts,just NOT in the dining room.You can wear long jeans,but I never take them on my Carribean cruise,as they are too hot.
Jeans are fine in the dining room for breakfast and lunch.

Old March 29th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Admiral

Default Jean Shorts

Jean shorts are only worn in the daytime on board ship or at port, or late at night if you must change out of your dinner outfit.

Bon Voyage and enjoy your first cruise.

Caribbean Princess
Old March 29th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Passenger

Agree that jean material - shorts or otherwise - would be too uncomfortable if it gets very hot. I much prefer light-weight cotton material when I cruise.
Old March 30th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Passenger

Thank you everyone!
That definetly helps!
Old March 30th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to shanden

You can wear anything you like. Except for in the dinning room U have the formal night(s). Other nights you can were dressie pants or a nice sunn dress. Pack like you are going on vacation. I like to change clothes twice a day because its so hot and muggie. Take a small first aid kit you can buy at Wal-mart for 2.00. Take one pair of dress shoes that goes with all you dressie clothes and one pair of comfortable sandals and sneakers. Alway take a carryon bag that has one outfit in it just incase you dont get your luggage until later that evening. Make a list of clothes items before you go on a daily basic u want forget anything. You have anymore question email me shanden88@yahoo.com. Have big fun