Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Beginner

Default Cozumel port

Has anyone been to Cozumel since the hurricane? We're on EOS in May. Are the ports still out of commission? I understand the tender service has a few kinks it still needs to work out. Just wondered if anyone has been there recently. Also, has anyone been on an excursion to Playa Mia or Paradise Beach? I'd welcome any recommendations on what to do in Cozumel. No ruins, please! Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2006, 09:53 AM
First Mate

I understand that the pier at the International is again open. Not sure if it can accommodate more than one ship yet.
We were there in December and you would be surprised at how much rebuilding has already been completed. They are working feverishly to get Cozumel back up and running.
Old April 12th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Familiar Face

We were in Cozumel last week. The International pier (3 miles from town) is open for one ship to dock. The rumor was that the largest ship in port would be docking there each day. We were fortunate enough to dock(Radiance).

We went to the Playa Mia Beach Cooking Class. It was fabulous. We were taken there on an air conditioned bus, aproned up, made grouper with a mango chili sauce and a banana pepper/sausage garnish, a sope, and a rice pudding/cookie dessert. They served unlimited drinks while we were creating and then wine with the meal. There was an open bar after. The facilities at Playa Mia Beach look A-OK and the water was that tremendous mixture of colors.

The downtown area is looking very good with still some construction going on, but not much. The vegetation on the island took the biggest hit. It is now pretty dead looking, I guess due to the salt water. It will take years for that to come back.

Everyone I spoke with on the ship seemed to enjoy there day tremendously on Cozumel.
Old April 12th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Beginner

Thanks so much for the info. Glad you had such a good time!
Old April 13th, 2006, 04:08 PM
First Mate

how is Chaanukaab (spell??) & Nachi cocom beah club if anyone knows--we will be choosing between these two places in dec
Old April 13th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Beginner

I went to Cozumel April 1st on RC Grandeur.

We tendered in Punta Langosta but it went very quickly and smoothly. I liked this area better than the International Pier because the shopping area was nicer and Carlos N Charlies and Senor Frogs was right there.

Chakanaab Park was still closed per our cab driver.
Old April 16th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Passenger

We went to Nachi Cocum about 2 years ago on The Voyager and it was great. They have a pool, hot tubs and a restaurant. They set up your chairs and table for you and bring you what you want right to your table. We went at 10 am and for a few hours we had our own private beach. Beautiful!!!!!
Old April 16th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Passenger

We were in Cozumel about 10 days ago on Navigator OTS. We were the biggest ship in the port, but we didn't dock. The tender process was a NIGHTMARE... It took about 1 hr and 40 minutes from the time we got in line in Cozumel until the time we got off the tender and onto the ship.

Regarding the port/beaches, we went to Paradise Beach and it was perfect! We took a cab (maybe $14 USD each way) and literally spent the entire day there. Water trampolines, Waverunners, lots of beer and "real" Mexican food. My wife even got a 30-minute beach-front massage for $20 USD!
Old April 16th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Passenger

We were in Cozumel about 10 days ago on Navigator OTS. We were the biggest ship in the port, but we didn't dock. The tender process was a NIGHTMARE... It took about 1 hr and 40 minutes from the time we got in line in Cozumel until the time we got off the tender and onto the ship.

Regarding the port/beaches, we went to Paradise Beach and it was perfect! We took a cab (maybe $14 USD each way) and literally spent the entire day there. Water trampolines, Waverunners, lots of beer and "real" Mexican food. My wife even got a 30-minute beach-front massage for $20 USD!
Old April 17th, 2006, 02:58 PM
First Mate

thanks for the updates--hope we will make a good choice when we cruise in dec.. We will be on a smaller ship so hope tendering goes better if we have to --it worked great when we docked there a few yrs ago on Enchantment...