Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to CruisinChicky
Default SOS for Thanksgiving

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here, although I have been reading for quite awhile.

My husband passed away unexpectedly this winter, and I have decided to take my children on a cruise for Thanksgiving to hopefully "help" through the first Thanksgiving without him.

I've cruised several times, but never on Royal Caribbean. Do you all think that the SOS will be a fun ship for three teens (13, 13, 15) to spend Thanksgiving on?

Thanks for the input!
Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Beginner

Hi! This is my first post, as well. My family sailed SOS in March 2004 for Spring Break. My daughter, 14 at the time, loved every minute of it! In our family's research into our cruise this year--Granduer departing December 16 for seven nights--we saw that Sovreign had completely remodeled, and it looks like it will be even more fun, with new teen areas, and the teens-only disco. The teen hours have been extended, to 2:00 a.m.--it was 1a.m. last time. If they cannot find something to do, then they are working WAY too hard to try to be bored.

mimid
Old April 17th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Beginner

Hi! This is my first post, as well. My family sailed SOS in March 2004 for Spring Break. My daughter, 14 at the time, loved every minute of it! In our family's research into our cruise this year--Granduer departing December 16 for seven nights--we saw that Sovreign had completely remodeled, and it looks like it will be even more fun, with new teen areas, and the teens-only disco. The teen hours have been extended, to 2:00 a.m.--it was 1a.m. last time. If they cannot find something to do, then they are working WAY too hard to try to be bored.

mimid
Old April 25th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RE:

Just got back from the Sovereign this past Friday and the teen curfew 17-under is at 1am but it is definitely not enforced. There is the new club, Fuel for them. On our cruise, they had a teen Dancing under the Stars party on the pool deck before the Sail Away dance party from Nassau.

I think they'll have a blast! I sent in a review today but it's not posted yet...
Old May 1st, 2006, 11:55 AM
Passenger

I'm assuming you are talking about the Serenade (there's more than one "S" ship). We cruised it last Thanksgiving and there were lots of families and lots of teens. I'd book it in a heartbeat again.