Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2006, 08:48 PM
Beginner

Default DCL vs. RCCL: Need your advice, please!

I would like to solicit some advice from experienced RCCL cruisers regarding similarities/differences between these two cruise lines. We have cruised Disney twice and absolutely adore it. However, we have been tempted by the new Freedom of the Seas but need to do some research to make sure we won't be disappointed. Please help me by answering a few questions regarding what we love about Disney, and will we find it on RCCL?

Adults-only areas: Disney has several areas, including an adults-only restaurant. Will we find dedicated places for adults on RCCL?

Shows/Revues: We really enjoy the family-friendly shows on DCL. Are the shows on RCCL as kid-friendly? Or will the kids be bored or find the entertainment "over their heads"?

Kids Programs: This one's a deal breaker. I need to make sure the kids are having as great a vacation as we are. Can anyone give me some great specifics as to their experience with the programs/counselors and ease my mind?

Staff Members/guests: We love the way the staff loves our kids like we do. Are the crew members as well as the guests on RCCL thrilled or annoyed to see kids on board?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Admiral

Disney has found it's nitch in the Cruise Industry by specializing in cruises for families with children, children of all ages. RCCI and least of all Celebrity do not specialize in cruises FOR children.

Having said that...I'd give RCCI a try because...they ARE very family friendly. Go to the RCCI website or even call their customer service line and express your concerns about their programs for children. Let them know that their children programs or lack of them are a deciding factor for you.

RCCI is a great line, they have a great staff and crew...and they are worth trying if you are can be somewhat flexible in your needs and feel adventureous.