Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Passenger

Default Cozumel: Playa Mia Beach Break excursion

Has anyone taken this excursion? We are booked on the Grandeur on June 9, and it's our first visit to Cozumel. We'd appreciate any tips on this excursion or anything else you might want to comment on. We'd like a nice day on a beautiful beach.

Thanks!
Pam
Grandeur of the Seas August 2005
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Passenger

We went there last summer ... pre-hurricane. I don't know what shape its in now, but I'm sure they've recovered nicely. It's a nice beach, with lots of activities. It's like an all-inclusive resort without the hotel.

We didn't purchase the excursion thru the cruiseline. We rented a Jeep at the pier and drove there ourselves, just Mom and two teenage girls. We never felt nervous but we're all pretty independent.
Old May 8th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Passenger

Default Cozumel : Playa Mia

Hi Pam,
My husband and I are going on a group trip and plan to visit Playa Mia Beach in Cozumel when we go. We are sailing June 5-10 - so I won't be able to give you any feedback until we get back. Let me know what your thoughts are once you return.
I can not wait to go on our cruise. We are sailing on the Enchantment.
Old May 8th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Beginner

I went to this beach last March, but we did it on our own. We took a taxi ($4.00/pp) over there and paid the entrance fee. There are different entry rates depending on whether you wanted food and or drinks included or not. It's a beautiful beach with tons to do.
Old May 8th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Passenger

Default Playa Mia

Thanks!
Old May 23rd, 2006, 07:39 PM
Passenger

Default Cozumel Beach

You should also look at San Fransisco Beach Club they have an all inclusive with all drinks and food (not a buffet but made fresh when you order) so it hasn't been sitting out all day. There is a nice pool to and a great beach!
Old May 25th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Beginner

My husband and I did this excursion last summer when we were on Empress. We grouped up with people to get a cheaper taxi ride. The ride is maybe 10 minutes max from the pier. The water and sand was beautiful but I was expecting more from the place. The pictures and the brochure make the place look a lot nicer than it actually is. There were plenty of beach chairs when we went and some nice rafts to lay in the water on. If you are going for the beach then definitely do it. They also have jet skis here for extra money that you can rent. Not sure if you are also going to Costa Maya but the 4 wheel excursion to the private beach was awesome. Do the dune buggy if your back can handle the ride!