Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to megg
Default Super Bowl Miami 2/4/07-Air & Hotel Problems for Cruiser

I just found this info on another board and thought I'd pass it on. The Super Bowl is 2/4/07 in Miami. Those that are cruising from Miami & Ft. Laud. around this date may have problems getting air and hotels. Hope this info helps. We are re-thinking our plans.

Meg
Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Mickeymom923
Default super bowl

I have the same problem. Airfare from Philly to Miami is almost $600 instead of $180-200. We decided to cruise out of San Juan instead. The airfare from Newark to San Juan is $230. Hotels in Miami and Fort Lauderdale will be sold out.
Old June 6th, 2006, 02:45 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Super Bowl Miami 2/4/07-Air & Hotel Problems for Cru

Quote:
Originally Posted by megg
I just found this info on another board and thought I'd pass it on. The Super Bowl is 2/4/07 in Miami. Those that are cruising from Miami & Ft. Laud. around this date may have problems getting air and hotels. Hope this info helps. We are re-thinking our plans.

Meg
I have gone to the Super Bowl week festivities 6 times now. (Atlanta, Jacksonville and Tampa)
There are activites in town starting the weekend BEFORE the actual game.
Hotels are usually booked up anyhwere within 10 miles of the activites almost a year in advance. (the NFL reserves 3 hotels entirely, one for each team and one for NFL employees. The press winds up using a few hotels themselves.)
Of course the airlines and hotel chains all jack up the prices for the entire week.
Not to mention the logjam of people who flood a Super Bowl city for the various festivities. (75-80% of whom, won't even have a ticket for the game itself.)

A note to cruisers.....
The 2009 Super Bowl is in Tampa on Feb. 1, 2009
and the 2010 Super Bowl is back in Miami. (date TBD)

I would hate to be in a Super Bowl city for anything other than celebrating the NFL.

Bill