Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2006, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague
Default Need Any Insider Info & Trip Tips on Rhapsody of the Sea

Hey Everyone!

In order to avoid another "Aruba" incident and to try to prevent another "Overboard Experience", a group of parents (at least one per student) will be taking our graduating seniors on a cruise aboard the Rhapsody of The Seas, May 27, 2007. These teens enjoy karaoke(sp?), dancing, and almost all physical activities. They are a good group of teens (for the most part). The majority will be over the age of 18.

As parents, we do not try to kid ourselves about what they might try to experience on this trip. We have already put into place several precautionary measures. Walkie- Talkies. Parents will be on all shore trips. Buddy system is mandatory. Check in times will be frequent and we expect honesty from the kids. If they plan to drink on a shore trip, we will be there to supervise. We realize it is legal in some countries, but we aren't going to have a bunch of drunk teens on the ship.

Most of the kids are planning shore trips that won't include drinking. I think they can go zip lining in Jamaica and some are looking forward to the Undersea Bond Adventure (including me!).

I'm looking for tips on other shore trips, any info on the Rhapsody (entertainment, meals, ship activities). Also any information you can give me on things or activities to avoid would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Beginner

I would strongly suggest lots of chaperones in Jamaica if it is one of your ports. They alternate with Key West. They WILL be offered drugs in Jamaica. It is not safe for teens there. Do not let them go alone anywhere. My son is 28 and still has problems. They will be all over them. As for the ship it is so safe! We always made ours dress for dinner inthe dining room at night but they could eat anywhere during the day. Walkie talkies are really not necessary only for the little ones. The ship is not that large and you can walk it in no time and see what is going on. Also there are courtesy phones everywhere and you can leave and retrieve messages. We use stickys and put them on the mirror. With so many together someone will always be where they are. Also the Walkie Talkies are annoying to other passengers and you can only use them a few places at night not in the lounges or shows. I would leave them home. The rhapsody has a great layout and there are few places to get lost. As long as then don't go below Deck 2 into the crew area they will be safe. And walkie talkies won't help you there!