CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Radiance of the Seas - Secret places on the ship? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/314509-radiance-seas-secret-places-ship.html)

cruisequeen May 23rd, 2006 03:26 PM

Radiance of the Seas - Secret places on the ship?

Anyone have any secret places to go on this ship or anything we should be sure to see/do on her? We leave 10/28/06 for an 8 night cruise. AND there is a group of Elvis impersonators on board with us!

MaryLou May 23rd, 2006 06:22 PM

My favorite place is just beyond the Schooner bar....I love to sit back there and watch the ocean go by. Another well kept secret is the SeaView Cafe....it is only open during select hours....but it is not to be missed.

JanetCruiser June 2nd, 2006 10:22 PM

Re: Radiance of the Seas - Secret places on the ship?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisequeen
Anyone have any secret places to go on this ship or anything we should be sure to see/do on her? We leave 10/28/06 for an 8 night cruise. AND there is a group of Elvis impersonators on board with us!

If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret any more!

selctsys June 3rd, 2006 07:17 PM

My favorite, somewhat quiet spots are:

1) Game/card room behind Safari Club
2) Cinema for an afternoon movie
3) Seaview as noted previously for snacks in the afternoon and late night.
4) Concierge Club, if you have status or have the right room
5) Back of windjammer on deck
6) Balcony cabin patio - given no one is smoking next door

These aren't really secret, but are still nice.

cruisequeen June 5th, 2006 08:58 AM

Thanks for your comments! Does the Seaview Cafe serve lunch & breakfast or just snacks? I have seen photo's of this and thought it looked like a great place to eat.

Do they really keep children out of the adult pool?

Lightsluvr June 5th, 2006 10:07 AM

Yes they really do "keep" children out of the Solarium.

If you're looking for peace and quiet on a sea day, try the library.

If you are looking for fun, don't miss Boleros at night.

For Adults only - it's not a secret (exactly), but don't miss the Quest.

A previous poster was describing the Moonlight Bay Lounge...a less smoky way to get across Deck 6.

You will have a great time on Rhapsody - very friendly environment...

LL

croozbabe June 5th, 2006 10:50 AM

Lightsluvr - It is NOT the Rhapsody that the original poster is inquiring about. It is the Radiance.

cruisequeen - If you are seeking peace and quiet, an often-overlooked spot is the Viking Crown Lounge/Starquest Disco during the daytime. There is seldom ANYONE there and it has the best view of the ocean and main swimming pool from anywhere on board with big comfy chairs to sit on. Sometimes you will see someone actually taking a snooze there, it is so quiet.

Debbie

selctsys June 8th, 2006 12:48 AM

I believe Seaview is open for lunch on sea days and never for breakfast if I remember things correctly.

I also believe that family swim hours exist in the Solarium and can be expanded if the weather outside is poor.

cruisequeen June 8th, 2006 03:42 PM

Thanks everyone! I'm really looking forward to going on this class of ship! We have a balcony cabin on deck 7 about 3 door behind the "hump". Looks like a good spot!