Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to kimxotennis
Default adventure of the sea opinions

Hi. I just found out my friend and I are sailing on adventure of the sea july 9th. how is this boat? is it well-kept up or newly renovated? hopefully not very rundown. Plenty to do? We're both 16 and very very excited. How is the food & entertainment on this ship? Pool & deck areas? Are the pools and/or hot tubs open 24 hours? Any other feedback on this ship appreciated!

Kim
Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Passenger

It is my favorite ship (after being on 5 different cruise lines). RCCL does not let their ships get in rundown state. They refurbish them every 5 years.
Old May 26th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

It's still kept up. If you scroll the next few pages here, you'll see various comments about Adventure. Plus if you look at the reviews people did of the ship in general over at the Ship review at the top of this toolbar.

Food is great, just don't be picky & you'll be fine. Do everything with an open mind. Entertainment is good, always lots to do on the ship. The hottubs/pool I think close about 7pm or so. That's more for safety reasons than anything else because there are no lifeguards on cruise ships.

Pools aren't big, but fairly deep, at least ours was on Serenade. At least a good 8-9 feet, so don't expect to go diving in which you can't anyway for obvious reasons with the movement of the ship.
Old May 26th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

We have been on AOS three times and are booked for a family cruise in August.As for things to do there are a lot.You have the disco which opens I think at 11 pm.On our last cruise on her in January there were people in the pool and hot tubs at 11 at night.We seen security up there and they didnt say anything to them,about 8 people.

Enjoy and have a Great time.
Old May 27th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Passenger

thanks so much for all of your help!!
sounds like an awesome ship, I was on Navigator 2 summers ago, and I noticed the Adventure is a member of the same class, Voyager. Does this mean the boats will be exactly the same as far as decoration & things to do, or do they differ? what does it mean that they are in the same class?

Cassandra, I'll be sure to do everything with an open mind & just go have fun. Previous cruises I would be alone and have to relying on meeting other teens, that you obviously dont have much time to get to know, now that I'm going with one of my friends, I'm sure we'll have no fears!!!

Does anyone have anything bad to say about this ship? anything to watch for? we have a balcony cabin...are they nice & some-what roomy at least? I remember they can be quite "cozy."

Is this food and service as great as it was on the Navigator? I was also on Carnival Destiny this past summer, and after cruising Royal Caribbean first, I was very disappointed, so I am very confident in sailing with Royal Caribbean again.

As for excursions, we are kind of in a rut in finding one for St. Lucia, I read something about mineral waterfalls, has anyone ever done this? Any suggestions for Antigua or St. Maarten either?

Am I correct in thinking room service on this ship is 24/7 and free, you just need to tip the deliverer?

Any other input would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

my friend and I are veryyyyyyyyyyy excited!
Old May 27th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Passenger

I also forgot to ask, is the rockclimbing wall, ice skating rink, coffee shops & their ice cream/pastries all free, or must it be charged to my sail & sign card?