Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to kimxotennis
Default bringing non-family members, underage

Hi, I will be sailing an Adventure of the Seas on July 9.
This ship does goes to very many places outside of the United States:
San Juan-->Barbados-->St. Lucia-->Antigua-->St. Maarten-->St.Thomas-->San Juan.

I am 16 and will be traveling with both of my parents. I am also bringing my friend who is 16 and will NOT be accompanied by any of her family members, just my parents.

Other than the notorized letter we need from her parents giving permission to take her out of the country/we can take care of her in medical emergencies etc, does Royal Caribbean require any specific paperwork that we need to fill out? Or do we need to call anywhere, bring any proof that it's okay that she comes with us?

Please help!!! I'd hate to get there and have a problem getting on the ship, I'm sure this happens all the time so any input is greatly appreciated!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Passenger

You should go to Royal Caribbean's website and get the number for their customer service, or contact your travel agent. They will be able to give you the information you need.
Old May 30th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Admiral

The only document you will need is the notarized letter from her parents granting your parents permission to take her on the cruise and allowing your parents to administer first aid and/or doctor's services while under their care. You should specifically name the ship and sail dates, etc., in the body of your letter. Other than the notarized letter, I don't believe there are any other requirements. I have been cruising alone with my grandson since he was very young and even tho I am his grandmother, I must bring a notarized letter from his parents allowing me to take him out of the country. Also, make sure your friend has the proper identification or they will not let her board., i.e., birth certificate with a raised seal, passport, photo ID.
Old June 5th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Beginner

Kim,

You had better double check with RC. This is from their website http://www.royalcaribbean.com/custom...Kl:10ktdmods#3

"Can unaccompanied minors cruise?
Effective July 1, 2005 guests under the age of 21 must be booked in a stateroom with an adult who is 21 years or older. A parent or legal guardian must accompany guests under the age of 18 and must be booked in the same or adjacent stateroom. Acceptable proof will be required. These restrictions may be waived at our discretion where applicable.

Please note: An individual's age on the date of sailing determines his or her status for the entire cruise vacation. Royal Caribbean International does not accept bookings for student groups. Please consult a travel agent for Royal Caribbean's group policies."

I checked this because I will be sailing with my 16 year old son and thought he could bring a friend. Better to be sure and call first!