Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Passenger

Default Redeeming RC credit card points

With only 4 weeks until our cruise, I finally called to request a certificate from the credit card company to get our onboard credits. I probably should have done it earlier. Has anyone any experience with this? Any idea how long it took the Credit card company to send you the actual certificate.? And then, is it I call (or send) the certificate to RC? So the credits should be on our account when we board the ship? You'd think there could be an easier way to do this. Any info is greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Admiral

I've been told that you should ask for the certificate number(2) while you call to request the certificate. Then you should call your TA and give him/her the certificate number(2). I'm not sure 4 weeks is enough time for you to get them in time. Why don't you call back and ask for the certificate numbers? Please post and let us know how this turns out.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old June 14th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Passenger

We received our vouchers in less than ten days. When you get them, you mark the box as to what you are redeeming them for. We always redeem for the $50.00 onboard credit. We just redeemed $700.00 worth of credit. After marking the box, there is an address on the front on where to send them to. The travel agent does not have anything to do with the vouchers for onboard credit.
Old June 21st, 2006, 12:21 PM
Passenger

johnkut

We are also planning to use credits for $50. on board credit. Is there a
limit to the number you can use on each sailing? Did use all $700 on the
same cruise or a number of cruises ?

Emerald Seas 79 NCL Southward 80
NCL Sunward 1982
RCL Splendour Of The Seas 96
Celebrity Galaxy 99
Celebrity Infinity 01
RCL Serenade Of The Seas 03
RCL Sovereign Of The Seas 04
Diamond Princess 04
Coral Princess 06
Golden Princess 2x 07
NCL Star 07
Old June 21st, 2006, 12:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I did that last year and 15,000 points was worth $150. I just applied it to the cost of the cruise. The certificate came within a few days and my TA called in and got it taken care of.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old June 26th, 2006, 01:59 PM
First Mate

We will hit 50,00 points & instead of using them for shipboard credit we want to use them to offset cost of the cruise--Dave did this work the same way? Our trip Enchantment is in Dec so when do you think we should send for the certifs... we would need them in advance of the final payment due date but not too soon that they could expire.. Will have to go over all this--It is a pain to do it but worth it!
Old June 26th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Actually, I think I had already paid for the trip and asked for a shipboard credit but instead got a credit on my CC. Same difference really. $150 is $150.

50,000 points should be worth $500. Have fun in December! I will try to leave the ship in one piece for you after my November trip. It will be the 4th time on the Enchantment for me so let me know if you have any more questions.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old June 29th, 2006, 08:47 PM
First Mate

Hi Dave--To me you are Mr. Enchantment! Did anyone else ever call you that? Pls give us all the up to date info on Belize & esp. Cozumel...thinking of Paradise Beach if it is still there & open..looks like a fun place...
Old December 9th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by les1026 View Post
With only 4 weeks until our cruise, I finally called to request a certificate from the credit card company to get our onboard credits. I probably should have done it earlier. Has anyone any experience with this? Any idea how long it took the Credit card company to send you the actual certificate.? And then, is it I call (or send) the certificate to RC? So the credits should be on our account when we board the ship? You'd think there could be an easier way to do this. Any info is greatly appreciated!!

Their is a easier way. Use a Carnival Master card. With a click of the mouse you can pay your bill,redeem points for onboard credit or use them anyway you like. I have tried the N.C.L. credit card and the R.C.I. card. They were both a huge problem. They should take lessons from Carnival.
Old December 9th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Wink R.C.I. credit card

Quote:
Originally Posted by les1026 View Post
Their is a easier way. Use a Carnival Master card. With a click of the mouse you can pay your bill,redeem points for onboard credit or use them anyway you like. I have tried the N.C.L. credit card and the R.C.I. card. They were both a huge problem. They should take lessons from Carnival.