Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Beginner

Default RCCL's vow renewal program

I am looking for a review or critique of RCCL's wedding vow renewal service. I am planning a 50th wedding cruise to the mediterranean in 2009. I have been told by RCCL's wedding consultants that I cannot know the day or time during my cruise when my ceremony will be scheduled. How did others handle this?

Thanks for any info. Margeecruiser
Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2006, 11:43 AM
Passenger

I think they do it as a group gathering, with other couples. I would imagine if this is so, they must put it in the newsletter that they put in your cabin each evening. Maybe closer into your cruise, you can inquire on these boards for people to look out for it on the particular ship you are going on for a few weeks, and see which day it seems to fall on. Hope this helps!
Old June 21st, 2006, 02:43 PM
Beginner

About five years ago we were on the Explorer for my in-laws 50th anniversary. We had a vow renewal in the chapel with just our family. It was just before dinner on one of the formal nights. We also had a reception in one of the card rooms near the chapel. Best of luck.
Old June 21st, 2006, 03:53 PM
Passenger

Yes, good point. I know that you can arrange for this through the Special Services at Royal Caribbean for a price as far as rental of the chapel and a reception/small gathering afterwards. The renewal of vows that they do as a group is no charge, usually. But, of course, things change all the time.