Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2006, 08:20 PM
Passenger

Default Jewel Of Seas room 1100

I was wondering about Jewel of the Seas.

I am looking at room 1100 a Junior Suite. Anyone stay in that room.
The balcony looks Huge, is it really ?

Thanks So Much,

Mary Runyon
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2006, 11:52 AM
Captain

We were one deck below in 9256 on her and it is a larger balcony but not all the space was usable. Since you can't see to the side, the structure of the ship cuts off some of the space that the outline shows you on the "deck plans." You are still getting more balcony than the rest of the "JS" cabins and I would certainly book the room. We have had that location on Vision class (which is actually deck 8, port side, aft) and our "C" ("JS" as they call it now) was phenominal!

2 minor points; wife didn't like the way the crew seemed to bang crew door on the stairs that run next to that side on the "Jewel." And any deck ten aft cabins will hear some chair scraping noise from the "Windjammer" above you. Not dealbreakers, just wanted to let you know, Robbie
Old June 23rd, 2006, 11:52 AM
Captain

Since no one else chimed in I went to "webshots" and found photos of this exact balcony. Poster is "rcijewel" so just enter that name into the search and 3 pages of photos will show up. The 2 photos on the balcony have 2 views and might help you with your decision. Even shows that although it's angled, it definitely has more space than we did, one deck below (which you would expect with the "JS").
Old June 23rd, 2006, 07:49 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the info. I tried to book that room and 9256 for the Oct 2007 cruise and they were already booked. A lot of the rooms around the bump were also gone. We got room 7174, a D1 balcony in the aft. We always like to be at the back of the ship when we sail because the views are so nice and panoramic. I'm glad I was able to get an aft balcony room.
Thanks!

Mary Runyon
Old June 24th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Admiral

Default Jewel of the Seas cabin # 1100

I know I am in a minority when it comes to those aft cabins. Yes, the balconies are larger and yes it´s nice looking at the wake. But it´s a long walk to the activities on the ship. The only time I really enjoyed an aft cabin was actually # 1100 on the JW and that was when we sailed down the River Ems from Papenburg to Eemshaven. Since these transfers are done backwards, I had a wonderful view forward with the balcony door open in the night.
Old June 25th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Passenger

I hope I made the right decision. It looks like there is a small set of stairs at the very aft and stern(?) side of the ship. Maybe this is for the crew.
I guess I will find out the hard way. As usual.

Thanks

Mary Runyon