Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Admiral

well I'm on my way to Wednesday night bible study..so I'll put in a word for you with the powers to be..and who knows..Dave the Wave and I are always available for adoption (VBG) and you can take us on cruises when are sons are grown and busy with their own families

Just wheel us out to the pool so Dave can judge the belly flop contest and I can listen to the island music and we can both show pictures in our wallets of our grandchildren
Old July 13th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenAGoreJr
So some of you have daughters that are in my age range for girls huh. 18-30. I am the sweet southern gentlemen who lives the beach and loves to cruise like yall do. Who would be better for your daughters than I? No kidding here. Take care yall.

Stephen were you on the Mariner of the Seas last year form Oct. 2-9? that was the time of our cruise. the little tiny red head is my daughter. If you were on that cruise I am sure you would remember her.
Old July 13th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

We have gone off the topic here a bit. This discussion is supposed to be about Speedos

So... anyone else have any good pictures of themselves in a Speedo??

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old July 13th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
We have gone off the topic here a bit. This discussion is supposed to be about Speedos

So... anyone else have any good pictures of themselves in a Speedo??
well I have a tankini that is speedo brand! I thought that was funny as it has very good coverage for a middleaged/old lady like me!
Old July 13th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Great! Show us a picture!

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 13th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Great! Show us a picture!
Lordie! No way! Actually hubby has me on videotape but no snapshots!

Believe me though you would not be interested! Now if it was my daughter..........
Old July 13th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Admiral

Ok, show us a picture of your daughter in a Speedo! :o

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 16th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
No way!
Old July 18th, 2006, 12:29 AM
StephenAGoreJr

no this topic hasnt gone off subject because I WAS on the mariner October 2nd-9th. VERY RANDOM. I was the tall blonde guy having a blast. I remember meeting 2 girls that fit that description. This is really weird. Do you have a pic or something I have some from that cruise as well. I was on the 6th or 7th deck i forget. How random is that though? Well I will hopefully hear from you soon.
Old July 18th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Now were talkin!!
Old July 18th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
no this topic hasnt gone off subject because I WAS on the mariner October 2nd-9th. VERY RANDOM. I was the tall blonde guy having a blast. I remember meeting 2 girls that fit that description. This is really weird. Do you have a pic or something I have some from that cruise as well. I was on the 6th or 7th deck i forget. How random is that though? Well I will hopefully hear from you soon.
Well Stephen, Meg went to that meet and greet that the other cruise messegeboard sponsered. so if you went to that you met her. She is very tiny and looks about 15-she wears a double zero. She also sponsered that game where you would put that cruise****** picture on differant one's statrerooms. If you were in on that you know her.

I do not know how to post pictures- Stepehn and Dave both,not computer savvy enough- Meg knows how, but Meg is very modest-she wears tankinis too-but her's is not a Speedo brand like mine was. !!!

One thing for sure-she would never help me post a picture of her! especially in a swimsuit! if we even have one! We don't take many pictures-hubby does the video thing-but I do have a great formal night one of her and her dad that we bought from the ship!
Old July 19th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Dave I want to hijack your thread just one more time. Stephen PMed me and said he thought he hung out with Meg around the hot tub.

Nope not Meg, as I said she wears a tankini and she usually picks separates-a tankini top and boyleg shorts as she is around 10 pounds underweight. she hates herself in any kind of swimsuit-beiong as thin as she is-she goes for coverage-so that would not have been her at the hot tub-trying to atrtact a guy there!

Now Stephen you could have danced with her in the disco! she loves dancing and you could have ran into her in karoke-her over fav place on ship!

actually guys I was just teasing about Meg anyway-I think Dave knew that-him being 42-no mom in her right mind would fix him up with a 22 year old! I would be more apt to want her to wait on Dave's son to grow up-!!! (He looked pretty cute Dave, driving that boat!) Not that SHE would have that!!

Stephen, I had seen the Roloff's in a documentary on TLC a couple years back. So I recognized them on our cruise and approached them- they told me about Little People Big World coming up-so I knew to look for their show. It was not out when we were on that cruise. But no-I don't have their e-mail or anything.

Gracious if they took a cruise now they would be mobbed!! It would be more then me approaching them!! I did enjoy the clips of Mariner of the Seas on that one show. I kept saying to myself, I was on that cruise.
Old July 24th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Familiar Face

Default WHAT YOU MAY AND MAY NOT WEAR TO THE POOL ;-)

Maybe you have seen this before but I thought it fit the topic!!

A few rules for what men can and cannot wear at a private pool.

1) Speedos. Speedos cannot be worn by men under the following conditions:

1A) If when you look down, you can't see the color of your Speedo, you probably should not be wearing one. No matter how manly your chest may be, if your belly exceeds your chest, it is not arousing to women to see your skimpy bathing suit.

1B) If your belly hangs down over the top of the Speedo, you should not be wearing one. No, women are not impressed that you can do finger acrobatics tying up your Speedo with only one hand, as the other hand is being used to lift up the fold of skin of your belly hanging mercilessly down over the top of your Speedo.

1C) If you have one of those penises that kind of stick straight out as opposed to hang down, you should not be wearing one. No, women do not get turned on by 1 and a 1/2 inches of pure male passion raging from your loins.

1D) If you have a butt that is larger than most lawn chairs, skip the Speedo.

1F) If you are the type of guy who gets aroused when you see a woman in less than an overcoat and/or if there is a gentle breeze, you should not be wearing one. Teepees are for Indian reservations and not for the pool thankyouverymuch.

2) If you cannot wear a Speedo, and are wearing short type bathing suits, please for the sake of all humankind, wear one with an inner shell. There is nothing sexier than seeing your boys hanging down as you sit in that position that only a man can do so gracelessly, but it is impolite to be the cause of so many women getting so horny at midday, so keep your boys hidden.

3) No thongs under any circumstances.

4) If you wear sandals, do not wear white knee socks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few rules for what women can and cannot wear at a private pool.

1) Thongs are encouraged... however only if certain conditions are met.

1A) There must be a direct correlation to the amount of total square inches of skin, to the total amount of square inches of bathing suit. In other words, if you are any larger than a mini van, a string bikini should be frowned upon.

1B) Thongs or *ss floss as they have been come to be known in pool and beach circles, should be worn as long as there is not more cellulite on your buttocks than in one of Mel Gibson's Epic type movies.

2) Women with near perfect figures, cannot wear one piece bathing suits... plain and simple. Damn, I know it's a sexist world, but it's the world that we live in.

3) Curlers are strictly verboten.
Old July 24th, 2006, 11:44 PM
StephenAGoreJr

wtf? what midgets were on our boat that were famous? i didnt even know that. explain more MOM of MEG. and yes i know your daughter really welll...
Old July 25th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Traveler Girl,

Very good! You obviously have had a lot of experience with Speedos and thongs. It is also obvious that you spend a lot of time arond the pool looking for them. I have to agree on most of your points. From your observations, I think you qualify as an expert. I think I want to take you along with me on my next adventure. If we kept everyone out of the pool that had bellys hanging over their Speedos or whose arse was as big as a minivan, it would just be you and I and all the beautiful people around the pool. It would be like having it almost all to ourselves. A day at sea would be like a day in port where we stay on the ship and have the pool to ourselves.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 25th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Familiar Face

ah I better get off my *ss then and get it in worthy shape lol
Old July 25th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Quote:
wtf? what midgets were on our boat that were famous? i didnt even know that. explain more MOM of MEG. and yes i know your daughter really welll...
Matt and Amy Roloff from the TLC Little People Big World.

Matt rode a little red scooter everywhere on ship-just like he does in their show- and you should call them Little People or dwarfs, midget is a dergotory term-sort'v elike using the N word when referring to an african american person.

My daughter says she does not know you- she said no guys talked her much except for one guy that was a LP-who was 27 years old-she said he was very nice and she danced with him several times. They also took ice skating lessons together.
Old July 25th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Familiar Face

Default Scarred for Life

when I took swimming lessons as a young girl, my instructor made the faux pas of not having the mesh in his swim trucks .. I was a young girl treading water, looking up onto the dock where he was kneeling down and giving us instructions (as well as a peek) .. I didn't do so well on the treading water part as I was gasping for air underwater in disgust! (therapy has helped HA HA oh yeah - and age too!)
Old July 25th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Scarred for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler girl
when I took swimming lessons as a young girl, my instructor made the faux pas of not having the mesh in his swim trucks .. I was a young girl treading water, looking up onto the dock where he was kneeling down and giving us instructions (as well as a peek) .. I didn't do so well on the treading water part as I was gasping for air underwater in disgust! (therapy has helped HA HA oh yeah - and age too!)
Funny! makes me think of that episode of Friends when Phobe's friend kept shining his mouse!
Old July 25th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Familiar Face

there must be some other stories about that floating around out there??
Old July 25th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Familiar Face

Default Question ??

Dave the Wave in particular but anybody else out there who has ever donned swim wear ..

Have you ever worn a traditional speedo? or how about even a thong? yikes!!!

Type "1" for fascinating
Type "2" for frightening

There must be someone out there who can speak on behalf of all of the speedo wearing men out there for their side of the story so bring it on!!
Old July 25th, 2006, 11:17 PM
StephenAGoreJr

Mom of meg, send me an email and i will send you pics from our cruise. I know exactly who your daughter is and she would remember me if she saw me. Dave the wave, watch out for that traveler girl...hence the name "traveler" she might be all over the place.

HA just kidding there TG
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Admiral

I haven't worn a Speedo since I was about 12 and on a swim team. I don't know why all the fuss though. Women wear bikinis why can't men?

My fear is shrinkage or worse yet, getting wood while walking around the pool deck looking at all the hot babes around the pool. I have been stuck in the pool before, having to wait before I get out until the swelling goes down or having to hold a towel in front of me.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Admiral

That explains it. Now I know why so many guys hold the towels over their area. I always assumed the "boys" were cold when getting out of the pool.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Admiral

It is one or the other...

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Admiral

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers." [/b]

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Mom of meg, send me an email and i will send you pics from our cruise. I know exactly who your daughter is and she would remember me if she saw me. Dave the wave, watch out for that traveler girl...hence the name "traveler" she might be all over the place.

HA just kidding there TG
Nope- I do not give out my e-mail-you would have to e-mail me through cruisemates-that option is there not just PMs.

But it does not matter. My daughter says there is no one she is interested in keeping in touch with from that cruise except her one LP friend. They are still in touch.
Old July 26th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Dave The Wave..with that logic you'll be the smartest speedo wearing president of the "Friends of Dave The Wave" meeting onboard your next cruise
Old July 27th, 2006, 01:36 AM
StephenAGoreJr

haha if she says so there momofmeg... keep a better eye out for her on the next one.
Old July 28th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Quote:
haha if she says so there momofmeg... keep a better eye out for her on the next one.
You know Stephen my daughter is an ADULT (something I do not think you are since you sound like an adolesant in your posts) and I do not get into her business.

She is NOT interested in being in contact with you. The end. DO NOT PM me anymore.

Dave, I am sorry your thread was hijacked again. I promise I will not post back to any childish adolesants here anymore.