Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Beginner

Default AGE Question for the clubs aboard RCI Ships

I am taking a group of spring breakers down for a cruise on the Majesty. Does anyone know what to do about this situation?:

Half of us will be 17 and the other half will be 18.

We really don't want to have to split up at night while half go to the adult clubs and the 17 year olds are stuck in the "Teen Club".

Is it easy to get the 17 year olds into the 18+ clubs or are they very strict on RCL?

Are there any ways that people know of to get around this age block??

ANY SUGGESTOINS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Thank you so much!
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2006, 12:42 AM
Admiral

Brian,

I am taking a group of spring breakers down for a cruise on the Majesty. Does anyone know what to do about this situation?:

Half of us will be 17 and the other half will be 18.

We really don't want to have to split up at night while half go to the adult clubs and the 17 year olds are stuck in the "Teen Club".

Is it easy to get the 17 year olds into the 18+ clubs or are they very strict on RCL?

Are there any ways that people know of to get around this age block??

If it's "spring break," enforcement of age standards probably will be pretty strict due to the number of teens onboard.

That said, the age standards usually apply only to the discos -- the teen disco is for those under age 18, who are not allowed in the adult disco. There are no restrictions on other lounges. Most ships have a lounge with live music for dancing that's open until 12:30 or 1:00 AM where your whole group will be able to hang out.

Norm.
Old July 2nd, 2006, 05:24 PM
StephenAGoreJr

I would say your going to have fun either way so enjoy. They are strict to get into the disco if you aren't 18 though.
Old July 5th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Security was checking ID's at the Disco during Spring Break this year on the Vision of the Seas.
Old July 6th, 2006, 10:37 PM
StephenAGoreJr

same with the mariner. Those 17 can have fun around the ship too I remember I did when I first cruised. Instead we did the 13-17 year old thing since in 1999 I was turning 18. There were a lot other sophs,juniors, and seniors on the fantasy then too.
Old July 7th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Admiral

its only in the disco where they check ids to even let you in. Your group will be able to get into any of the other show lounges