Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2006, 04:49 AM
Admiral

"Rap is Crap"..sounds like a great name for a rap song..Diamond Dave The Wave could be the next Vanilla Ice..I could hear him and his sons sing the lyrics by the Lido pool on their next Royal Caribbean cruise

"I'm not lookin for a bruising, all I do is just go cruising"
"All the women on the ship, think Diamond Dave the Wave is hip"
"When they see me belly floppin by the pool, they're hip that I'm so cool"
""Royal Caribbean is the best, I've got "Speedo" tattoo on my chest"

his sons sing the chorus
"Word to our Mother "

remember two things 1)the next time you pull up to a gas station and the rap music is blaring...don't say anything, because in 10 years they will be deaf (VBG) 2) our parents said the music we liked was crap (every generation's parents say that)
Old August 16th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Venice,

Very good. I just don't have the rythym to do rap though. Did you ever see Steve Martin in the Jerk trying to keep up with his family on the porch?

I will stick with trying to sing Jimmy Buffet and Meatloaf at Kareoke.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old August 16th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Plano97

Venice, that was hillarious. I love it. Sorry Dave.

Rescuedad, here is my opinion on RCL vs Carnival. I have cruised both Carnival and RCL a numbered of times. Carnival has more music variety especially at nights. I found the dinner menu on Carnival has more choices. The disco on Carnival stays open later. Carnival cabins are bigger. RCL is more upscale. RCL clientel is more upscale; logical because of the higher sailing cost. Service on RCL is better. The pools and hottubs open 24 hour on RCL; closes at 10pm on Carnival. There is the rock climbing wall, ice skate, full size basketball courts, putt-putt, rollerskate track on RCL megaships.

My kids like RCL because of the pool and hot tub hours, rock climbing wall, ice skate and other things to do. Also other equipment seems to be in better shape like ping-pong. I like the better service and more upscale people on RCL. I just came back from the Carnival Destiny in July, I have never met so many "pushy" "me first" people in my life. Cutting in lines at the checkin, cutting in lines getting on the ship, cutting in lines at the buffet, cutting in lines at the picture taking, cutting in lines getting off the ship, cutting in lines everywhere... It seems to me that Carnival is lowering the cost too much that I don't enjoy going on Carnival anymore if I have to put up with "me first" people. I swore on the Carnival Destiny that I will go RCL on my next trip.
Old August 16th, 2006, 04:45 PM
First Mate

Gamebitscuba,Totally disagree with your comparison to Celebrity and ony agree with your comment that it is a more sedate and layed back cruise.As I look at your past cruises you only show one celebrity and that is one of the older ones from03.First of all I have met most of the cruise staff on each Celebrity cruise and found them to be most pleasant and remember my name at each meeting Have invited many of them to dine with me and as a result have been invited to dine with the captain.They are just as friendly as RCL and many times more so since the ships for the most part are not as large.Celebrity is a more "country club set" but the staff is just as professional and friendly.By the way am adressing this issue with many cruise on both lines and they both have their strengths.
Old August 21st, 2006, 12:14 PM
Passenger

Dave , I agree - I hate tattoos & in my opinion nothing lowers the class of a woman faster than a tattoo - again my opinion only & no offense meant. There is a class differance between the crowds the 2 ships get - whether or not they have fun is another story - but I was just talking class - beer from a can V. beer from a glass or bottle ;>) . Truthfully you can get crappy crowds on any cruise line - but I find the class of people has been consitantly higher on RCL.
Old August 21st, 2006, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Makeupdiva, duck to avoid flying objects. However, I am inclined to agree. But to each his own.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old August 22nd, 2006, 10:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have 2 Celebrity ships under my Belt... Infinity and Horizon
Horizon - July '03
Rhapsody of the Seas - Thanksgiving '03
Golden Princess - June '04
Carnival Ecstasy - May '05
Explorer of the Seas - July '05
Infinity - Doomed Voyage - July '06
Old August 22nd, 2006, 10:44 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupdiva
Dave , I agree - I hate tattoos & in my opinion nothing lowers the class of a woman faster than a tattoo - again my opinion only & no offense meant. There is a class differance between the crowds the 2 ships get - whether or not they have fun is another story - but I was just talking class - beer from a can V. beer from a glass or bottle ;>) . Truthfully you can get crappy crowds on any cruise line - but I find the class of people has been consitantly higher on RCL.

well, i'd say to keep an open mind about us tattooed people. i like to think i'm a fairly classy lady, and i have 2 tattoos. never judge a book by its cover
Old August 23rd, 2006, 08:35 AM
Passenger

Dave - that one didn't hurt to bad (thanks greenlady)- but I may have more coming my way. Unfortunatly in society you are judged first by your "cover" - if I see someone on deck or across the pool truthfully appearance is all I have to base a first impression on. My daughter has a list of things her father & I never want her to do (she is 6) and she can recite it to you while sleeping - oh am I gonna get grief for this - but my kid - my list.

No Drugs
No Smoking
No Tattoos
No Motorcycles
School comes first
Have respect - for all - especially for yourself
Follow your dreams - (as long as they do not find you riding a motorcycle on your way to get a tattoo )

I couldn't have the same piece of artwork hanging on my wall for 40 years (unless it was a rembrandt & even then I might want to move it from room to room) so how could I have a piece of artwork on my body for the rest of my life? Every decade my tastes evolve & change & hopefully I mature (though many would argue not).

So I guess you can see where & how I rate Tattoos - and while this generation seems enamored - I think the next best profession will be the Dr.'s who perform laser removal
Old August 23rd, 2006, 10:31 AM
Admiral

That is already big business. There is a big billboard right across the street from my office that advertises laser tattoo removal.

But to compare RCI to Carnival is like this. Here is a picture of a girl I met on RCI.....

and here is a girl I met on Carnival.....

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old August 23rd, 2006, 12:12 PM
Admiral

DTW, YOU'RE BAAAAADDD!! But I luv ya! HAHAHAHA You do a good job of keeping me laughing. Thanks
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old August 23rd, 2006, 12:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

The girl you met on RCI is an absolute FREAK!!!! Why she even has to support herself by holding onto the tree trunk. That is just gross!
Old August 23rd, 2006, 01:08 PM
Admiral

Dave, is that a real pic of that girl? She sort of looks freakish with that top of hers! Bob
Old August 23rd, 2006, 01:36 PM
Admiral

I had to hold her when we walked so she wouldn't tip over. She was a big hit around the pool. She could float without having to move.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old August 23rd, 2006, 02:18 PM
Passenger

Dave - you've accomplished what few have...I am at a complete & total loss for words.

New to the list - breast implants
Old August 23rd, 2006, 03:23 PM
Admiral

No, those are real!

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old August 23rd, 2006, 07:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

If those are natural, then any girl in her right mind would get breast reduction surgery because her small frame cannot support that kind of weight. Her back must be killing her! Why she would want to flaunt that is beyond me and I can't comprehend why anyone would consider that attractive or hot. It is too abnormal. I would think she would be so embarassed at the stares of horror she must get and the crude remarks she must hear.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 10:44 PM
Admiral

Oh, come on! Give her a break. She has a really nice personality. You can't judge someone by how they look. :evil:

If I were her, I would rather the stares because of her mammarys than if they were staring at her fat *ss or gut.

I guess if I had a choice, I would rather a girl with big boobs than a big butt....

But, hey! That is just my humble opinion.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old August 24th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
Oh, come on! Give her a break. She has a really nice personality. You can't judge someone by how they look. :evil:

If I were her, I would rather the stares because of her mammarys than if they were staring at her fat *ss or gut.

I guess if I had a choice, I would rather a girl with big boobs than a big butt....

But, hey! That is just my humble opinion.
She looks like she has the best personality I have ever seen! Just think with a personality like those, I mean that, she probably gets men to take care of all her wants and needs, women with a personality like that don't have to work, do dishes, clean the house, a good personality like those, I mean that, will let you get nannys to take care of your kids, get you to go on lots of cruises, money always in her purse, a porche 911 turbo, big house on the ocean. Yup it's good for women to have a good personality. Hmmm when was the last time she paid for a drink on RCCL or anywhere for that matter. My hat's off to her personality!
Old August 25th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Captain

rescuedad, the reason women with "personality" like that don't do dishes is - they can't see them beneath the mammary shelf! Probably hasn't seen her feet in ages. I think she needs to check in with DTW's plastic surgeon who's doing tat removal.
Old August 26th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Admiral

I am sure she can still see her feet......when they are in the air

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old August 26th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Passenger

Dave - don't judge her by how she looks - r u kidding - that is all she will ever be judged by with those abnormal breasts hanging off the front of her - and if they are (which I highly doubt) real she gets a breast reduction fully paid for by insurance. The only thing those breasts do is fill adolescent fantasies - because a grown man wants a woman - not a cartoon character. Truthfully I am filled with pity for her - and if she likes the kind of attention those things are bringing her then something went terribly wrong in her childhood and in addition to seeing a plastic surgeon she should she a psychiatrist.
Old August 26th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Admiral

i would like to see her undo that bikini top and see how long and far they bouce. bob
Old August 26th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Admiral

You know DTW you aggravate me! I ask the diff between the 2 cruise lines and you show me pool decks! come on if you had shown me the diff using the 2 women that would have made my mind up in 2 seconds!

RCCL rocks!
Old August 26th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

makeupdiva, you stated the facts perfectly! She should be pitied, not only for her appearance but for how obviously starved for attention she is and to what measure she will go to get that attention. Clearly, there is something emotionally wrong with someone who flaunts such buffoonish features and the kind of attention she needs is the professional kind.
Old August 26th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Admiral

Facts are facts! No matter what her mental state is you can be assured there are men that make sure she has the finer things in life. This may be shallow of her or others like her but did you ever think this might be her plan? That maybe she thinks she is just a little smarter then most women and decided to get the nice things in life without working for it! While we sit here dreaming about our next cruise and sitting at desks talking about it with each other she is probably in some royal suite with a sugar daddy on a big ship laying out in the sun with a drink right now! see what a little surgery can do for you! let's all sit in front of our computers and feel bad for what a mistreated, confused person she is while she is out having the fun we wish we were having!
Old August 26th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Admiral

yes, a guy could have a lot of fun with those funbags! BOB
Old August 26th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Admiral

I think you girls are being overly critical. She is just like everyone else who has hopes and dreams and feelings. All this talk about reduction surgery. I have seen plenty of girls around the pool who need ass reduction surgery much worse. Look past the big boobs and think of her as a real person just like you and me. She is a pretty girl with a great tan and nice legs who just happens to be well chested. 8)

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old August 26th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Admiral

Ohhhh that girl! I thought we were talking about the hottie in the black mumu! Look past the boobs??? I can't see that far!
Old August 26th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'm not really being critical of her, I feel sorry for her! Dave, you are probably the only guy who can look past her boobs. But don't you think that her body is not proportionate? She has the chest of a 300-pound woman on the body of someone who (without the boobs) probably weighs 120 pounds. She would look so much nicer with more realistic proportions, she would feel better physically, and she wouldn't get the stares, jokes, and crude remarks that she most likely encounters whenever she is out in public. And that would make her a happier person too because then she would not get the attention from the opposite sex who don't care about her personality but just want her for her body.