Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Passenger

Dave - do u have kids? Would you wish for your daughter to look like a side show freak? Nice or not she looks absurd. I think you are a smart guy Dave & I think you're getting a kick out of all this
Old August 26th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupdiva
Dave - do u have kids? Would you wish for your daughter to look like a side show freak? Nice or not she looks absurd. I think you are a smart guy Dave & I think you're getting a kick out of all this
I think DTW is a sleeper
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old August 26th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Yes, I do have kids. Two boys who are 9 and 13 and I am trying to teach them everything I know.... so no, I won't have daughters that looks like that. I hope my boys girlfriends look like that so thay can introduce me to their moms

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old August 27th, 2006, 04:17 AM
Admiral

Diamond Dave The Wave..Glad to see you are keeping "the pot stirring" on this topic (VBG)..you know your sons would never bring home a young lady with that much"personality" to meet you (VBG)

I could have swore that at one time or another you have cruised with both young ladies in the pictures and enjoyed their company

It's rough being the father of a girl..It's much tougher to be a father of sons..

Lets go back to the original posters topic
Old August 27th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Yes lets get back to my topic or else DTW lets have more pics of women you have traveled with!
Old August 27th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Yes lets get back to my topic or else DTW lets have more pics of women you have traveled with!
Old August 27th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Passenger

Royal Caribbean is the best....the ships are gorgeous...the food is great..the shows are tasteful ...the staff is friendly....i have been on carnival...disney....ncl....and of course royal caribbean (13 times)..the enchantment is one of my favorite ships...i am going sept 11th for the fourth time...just went this past march....
cindy
Old August 27th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Captain

Okay, resucedad, if you want to break up all this fun, I will tell you that i have done 26 cruises, 5 on RCI, 5 on Carnival the others on NCL, Princess, Celebrity and Commodore. So, I've got a fair basis for my opinion.

From what I know of you (i.e. sick, twisted puppy - but, hey, I like that in a person) I think you would enjoy RCI. They are a bit more upscale than Carnival but not snooty. They have less glitz and neon but more "wow" in grand atriums and dining rooms. The staffs are equally friendly but the RCI guys are a bit more restrained. The staff will attend you nicely in the dining room but will not entertain you between dinner and dessert (YEA!!!). Food is too subjective to really discuss, although I find RCI dining room better and Carnival's buffet with more variety. I would not hesitate to book Carnival (as a matter of fact I'm booked on the Freedom for the Med in '07) but all things being equal I will book RCI over Carnival.

Since you've already sailed Carnival you know what they offer and if that was exactly what you wanted then stick with them. But if you want to broaden your view (I usually broaden mine about 5 pounds/cruise) then try RCI or if you want a really different experience try Princess or NCL where you can have anytime/freestyle dining.

You seem to be a go-with-the-flow kinda' guy so I think you'd be okay with anything larger than a row boat.
Old August 30th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Passenger

no problem. i understand that people make immediate judgements based on appearance. it's just that people often assume the negative about people with tattoos. for example, that we are trashy/uneducated/rude/inconsiderate.... the list goes on. and while that is true for some people with tattoos, it's also true of some people without tattoos. i happen to come from a loving family. i was raised to say please and thank you. i graduated college magna cum laude. i'm pursuing my masters degree in music performance.

basically, you need to get past whatever stereotype you have. and not just you specifically, but whoever has negative stereotypes like that. i wouldn't judge you because you're not tattooed, so please don't judge me because i am tattooed.

so, if you see me on royal carribean (not like you have any clue what i look like anyways) please be nice to me. cuz i'm a nice person, i promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupdiva
Dave - that one didn't hurt to bad (thanks greenlady)- but I may have more coming my way. Unfortunatly in society you are judged first by your "cover" - if I see someone on deck or across the pool truthfully appearance is all I have to base a first impression on. My daughter has a list of things her father & I never want her to do (she is 6) and she can recite it to you while sleeping - oh am I gonna get grief for this - but my kid - my list.

No Drugs
No Smoking
No Tattoos
No Motorcycles
School comes first
Have respect - for all - especially for yourself
Follow your dreams - (as long as they do not find you riding a motorcycle on your way to get a tattoo )

I couldn't have the same piece of artwork hanging on my wall for 40 years (unless it was a rembrandt & even then I might want to move it from room to room) so how could I have a piece of artwork on my body for the rest of my life? Every decade my tastes evolve & change & hopefully I mature (though many would argue not).

So I guess you can see where & how I rate Tattoos - and while this generation seems enamored - I think the next best profession will be the Dr.'s who perform laser removal
Old August 31st, 2006, 08:28 AM
Passenger

I am nice to all - tattooed & non alike
Old August 31st, 2006, 10:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

now.. i am a very judgemental person... but i can understand why the girl might not want to have surgery.. maybe she doesn't like needles... maybe she's amused... maybe she just wants people to know her for who she is... she's a fore runner in the fight against judging books by their covers... however... i don't know how she finds shirts.. i have problems finding ones that dont skew after a few wears...
Horizon - July '03
Rhapsody of the Seas - Thanksgiving '03
Golden Princess - June '04
Carnival Ecstasy - May '05
Explorer of the Seas - July '05
Infinity - Doomed Voyage - July '06
Old August 31st, 2006, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Huh?? Are you smoking pot in the dorm again?

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old August 31st, 2006, 11:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

.... DTW... i am not smoking pot
Horizon - July '03
Rhapsody of the Seas - Thanksgiving '03
Golden Princess - June '04
Carnival Ecstasy - May '05
Explorer of the Seas - July '05
Infinity - Doomed Voyage - July '06
Old August 31st, 2006, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Well, maybe you should be. That is all we did in college. Bong hits were the order of the day. I think you should..... 8)

Now I get what you were talking about. We got off the subject. Yes, back to the lovely I met on RCI, she claims to like them and the attention they bring. She is not very smart but most guys don't care ....

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old August 31st, 2006, 03:46 PM
Admiral

Dave, I graduated college in 1980 and our slogan was "wake and bake". My friend Abe used to say e some bongs. We also played a card game named "bong 99" which is a fast paced game. After about an hour, we were all very crispy. Bob
Old September 5th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Yes, I remember "wake and bake" well. I was class of '88. Those were the good ole days, huh? 8)

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08