Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2006, 12:28 PM
Beginner

Default junior suite

what is the difference between junior suite and balcony? 3 adults and 1 14 yr old i no it will be crowded, is the junior suite worth the extra 300.00? thank you jrae
Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2006, 12:48 PM
Captain

I've done everything from 4 in an inside to 2 in a suite and it all comes down to what you can afford. If spending the 300 on the room will short you on your ability to enjoy the cruise, then it's an obvious choice.

You may want to pile all four of you into one small room (200 sq ft at the most) at home and see what you think. Bathroom area is larger in the "JS" too but again, it comes down to your needs and your budget.
Old July 21st, 2006, 02:36 PM
Beginner

jrae, I can let you know in about a month. I have one booked for 8-18-06, 9 day Western Caribbean out of Baltimore. Room 8588 on the stern. Kinda curious about the size and view myself.
Old July 21st, 2006, 04:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Check the RC website for square footage difference between the JS and the D1 Oceanview w/ balcony. The size differs according to what ship you are on. My first recollection is that you seem to have to climb over everything in a OV, while you seem to have room to walk around in a JS. Bathrooms in most JS include a tub, while the OV has a shower with that pesky butt-grabbing shower curtain. After my wife cruised in a JS, there was no going back to OV. JMHO.

LL
Old July 24th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Passenger

Just cruised in a JS on Rhapsody. With husband and one child, I could not imagine having a smaller cabin. The extra money for a JS was worth it to me. Also, There was a seperate, shorter embarkation line for those in a suite. And we were the first off the ship(except for those catching planes)