Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2006, 06:02 PM
Passenger

Default Cruising Europe with RCCL

My wife and I are planning our 15th anniversary cruise and are considering this RCCL itinerary to the Canary Islands...it's aboard the Voyager of the Seas:
Year 2007
17-Nov Barcelona, Spain 7:00 PM Boarding

18-Nov Cruising

19-Nov Cruising

20-Nov Lanzarote, Canary Islands 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

21-Nov Tenerife, Canary Islands 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

22-Nov Santa Cruz, Canary Islands 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

23-Nov Cruising

24-Nov Casablanca, Morocco 7:00 AM 8:00 PM Docked

25-Nov Malaga, Spain 12:00 PM 8:00 PM Docked

26-Nov Cruising

27-Nov Barcelona, Spain 5:00 AM Departure

I'm looking for opinions about this itinerary since it doesn't go to the popular ports in other parts of the Med. Our travel dates are very much confined to the week of Thanksgiving which is what this is. We also like a few more days at sea....Royal Caribbean always has treated us very well so we like sailing!

Also, we typically don't care about outside cabins except for Alaska. Does it matter in the Med? Specifically on Voyager ships, we love the interior promenade staterooms.

Thanks in advance!!!

Nick & Marjie
March 2000 Monarch to the Bahamas
November 1998 Celebrity Galaxy to the Southern Caribbean
November 1995 Majesty to Western Caribbean
Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2006, 06:11 PM
Passenger

Hi Nick, It sounds like a wonderful itinerary to me..... We have done 13 cruises with Royal Caribbean. And we now select our cruises because they do go to places we have never been. We seldom do the Caribbean, we now want to see new and different places. Had some friends who recently did the Canary Islands and loved it. They like the fact that there were less people at most of the ports.

For me, I want a balcony, but if you like the Promenade inside, then go for it. If at all possible, go a couple of days early to spend a little time in Barcelona.

Which ever you choose, hope it is a wonderful time for you......
Old July 21st, 2006, 11:38 PM
Admiral

Nick & Marjie,

I'm looking for opinions about this itinerary since it doesn't go to the popular ports in other parts of the Med.

The less visited ports of call often have more authentic experiences of the local culture, interesting attractions that are not overrun with tourists, and much shorter lines than attractions at the more popular destinations. I would not hesitate to book this itinerary.

I can tell you that Malaga, Spain, is a very good port of call. If your cruise line offers it, I highly recommend the tour of the Alhambra palace complex in nearby Grenada.

Norm.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 10:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi! I don't know if you mind,but the days are shorter at this period of the year. You will board the ship at night and you will leave every port about the same time. No picture you just see the lights.Think of it before you book.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 11:04 PM
Admiral

match,

Hi! I don't know if you mind,but the days are shorter at this period of the year. You will board the ship at night and you will leave every port about the same time. No picture you just see the lights.Think of it before you book.

Having been in the Mediterranean in the October-November time frame, I can tell you hat it is not much of a problem. Most embarkation in Europe is around midday because flights from the States arrive in the morning. The evenings do get dark earlier than in June or July, but it does not really matter because that's when you are back aboard ship, eating dinner and taking in the show.

Norm.