Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 22nd, 2006, 01:11 PM
Admiral

Default Anyone have any info on the Jewel of the Seas fall 2007 repo

we were booked on the Sept. 10 repo from Britain to Boston-now RCI's website shows that date for a western european cruise and the repo not until Oct. 30 and it goes to Ft. Lauderdale instead of Boston.

Anyone know anything? My TA says the cruise is still on but that is not what RCI's website says.
Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2006, 03:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

It doesn't look good. Rumor now that Jewel will stay in Europe for drydock and then make the southern trans-Atlantic route to FLL. RCI did same thing to us on the Jewel for April 2007. We were supposed to do E. Caribbean, but they went to Europe early, cancelling our cruise. Hang on to your reservation until notified, at least you'll probably get some onboard credit compensation for a replacement cruise. (We got $200).

LL
Old July 22nd, 2006, 05:15 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsluvr
It doesn't look good. Rumor now that Jewel will stay in Europe for drydock and then make the southern trans-Atlantic route to FLL. RCI did same thing to us on the Jewel for April 2007. We were supposed to do E. Caribbean, but they went to Europe early, cancelling our cruise. Hang on to your reservation until notified, at least you'll probably get some onboard credit compensation for a replacement cruise. (We got $200).

LL
thanks-what the RCI site is showing is a western European cruise in our time slot and then nothing to Oct. 30 which was to be a repo from Boston to Ft. Lauderdale. Now it is showing a repo from Britain to Ft. Lauderdale in that time slot.
some seem to think they will let those of us that want to to do that cruise for the same price but I find that too good to be true. I know in port taxes alone-it would be another $500.

I would be happy with a credit although I would prefer to still to the transatlantic ofcourse.

One thing though-how long has it been since you were notified your cruise is canceled?
Old July 24th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to eddiehaskell

I have already booked a grand suite for the jewel of the seas october 30 2007 repo cruise and I would imagine that most of the better cabins are already sold...I hope I answered your question? My family and I are booked for the jewel's 2006 repo...can't wait! eddie
Old July 24th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell
I have already booked a grand suite for the jewel of the seas october 30 2007 repo cruise and I would imagine that most of the better cabins are already sold...I hope I answered your question? My family and I are booked for the jewel's 2006 repo...can't wait! eddie
Well I guess you have not heard. Your 2007 cruise may not take place as the JOS is probally staying in Europe 6 more weeks and the only repo will be London to Ft. lauderdale.

My husband and I had booked the Sept.10 TA-this was our 25th anniversary present to each other. We are major disapointed.

Now it is not official yet-but it looks that way-go the Royal Cribbean's site and try to check your bookingan dyou will see what I mean.
Old July 24th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Passenger

Default jewel 2007 repo cruise

Yes I heard about the jewel being re-flagged/ maintenance...I called up and they told me that it was a good possibility? If you go on RCCL.com and look up jewel's intinery...she is now not taking reservations from Sept 07..europe until Nov 07 lauderdale. My family will ask the captain on oct. 31 2006 for more concrete info? Orbitz still has the 2007 jewel on it's site. so sorry that you have to change for your 25th aniversery?...and my family..well how long are they going to hold my $900.00 deposit they have had for about six weeks now? Thanks for your e-mail eddie
Old July 24th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Admiral

Default Re: jewel 2007 repo cruise

Quote:
Yes I heard about the jewel being re-flagged/ maintenance...I called up and they told me that it was a good possibility? If you go on RCCL.com and look up jewel's intinery...she is now not taking reservations from Sept 07..europe until Nov 07 lauderdale. My family will ask the captain on oct. 31 2006 for more concrete info? Orbitz still has the 2007 jewel on it's site. so sorry that you have to change for your 25th aniversery?...and my family..well how long are they going to hold my $900.00 deposit they have had for about six weeks now? Thanks for your e-mail eddie
Yes that is me- they have had a depost from us since June 2. I am not too worried about it-I am sure they will treat us fairly.

We have already decided we may just do a tour in Europe and book like in Dec. 2007 a 6 day cruise either on the JOS or ROS-but we are NOT canceling our cruise RCI will have to cancel us.
Old July 25th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Passenger

Default jewel

We are in the same boat. My TA said to hold the reservation until RCCL notifies us definately.

We are on the 2007 Oct. 30, 12 day cruise from Boston.

My husband thought they might do something for us..they have kept our money and not kept us posted.. but I will be patient. (not one of my better qualities)

MJ
Old July 25th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Passenger

I love Cruisemates.com and I hope this info does not offend them? However anyone who wish to read more posted blogs about The Jewel of The Seas debacle...should go to cruisecritics.com there are alot more posts! "Report to Your Muster Stations!"
Old July 25th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Passenger

Default more postings

I didn't see where there were postings. It just sent me to other website possibilites. What should I look under?

Thanks So Much

MJ
Old July 25th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Passenger

MJ Go to: cruise critic.com on the tab on the top left click Boards...then select RCCL.....there are two major posts for The Jewel...so keep scrolling! Any problems give me a e-mail? Eddie
Old July 25th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Passenger

Default found it

Thanks!! There are a lot of people talking.
I did reserve a stand by cruise in Dec.
My TA said just sit tight.

I feel better because I am covered.

Thanks Again.

MJ
Old July 28th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Admiral

I understand those cruises are history definetley now-you cna get a $200 credit if you change your booking for a balcony , oceanview or inside-if you have a suite you get a $400 credit.
Old July 28th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Passenger

Default cruise

But, I have heard you have to go on Explorer of the Seas 9 night on 05/11/07 or 08/17/07 to get the credit.

I hope this is wrong.

The final word should be out soon.

I will wait and see.

MJ
Old July 30th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Admiral

Default Re: JW 2007 repo cruise

I don´t have access to the final schedules for the installation of auxiliary
DG´s on CEL´s and RCI´s GTV´s where I am right now.
But to the best of my recollection, the JW is due for the conversion
in October 2007 here in Europe.

Quote:
I will ask the captain on oct. 31 2006 for more concrete info?
Old July 30th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default 3 week drydock?

Roland, I think you are correct. I read where she is going to squeeze in a three week drydock this Fall. Does that sound right to you?

LL
Navigator - E. Caribbean - 11/2006
Vision - West Coast - 4/2007
Grandeur - Canada/N.E. - 9/2007
Voyager of the Seas -"R"W. Caribbean - 1/2008
Old July 30th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Admiral

Default JW 2007 westbound transatlantic

Not this fall, but next.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 09:17 PM
Admiral

well we cancled our Jewel cruise- we were no tinterested in the new Ta and the western european crusie would cost us a $1000 more each-plus I really liked the idea of only one long flight to Europe and the ports in Canada.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 07:54 AM
Captain

Default Jewel 2007 Repo

We considered the Europe-Ft. Lauderdale repo since our Boston-Ft. Lauderdale repo was cancelled. However, considering the cost of the airline fare, and a hotel in Europe. we opted instead for the Serenade of the Seas cruise to Hawaii on 10-5-07.

It's a 15-night cruise, so we get two cruise credits, and a $250 cabin credit for owning RCI stock.