Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Beginner

Default Drink Cards on Enchantment

Does Enchantment offer any kind of drink card for beverages?
And what beverages would be included....?? We are sailing on her
in December and wanted to find out what might be offered.
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Drink Cards on Enchantment

Quote:
Originally Posted by sep1109
Does Enchantment offer any kind of drink card for beverages?
And what beverages would be included....?? We are sailing on her
in December and wanted to find out what might be offered.
All RCI cruises offer a soft drink beverage sticker that can be purchased in the atrium lobby when you first get onboard. The sticker goes on your seapass card and whenever you want a soft drink, you show the sticker.

Just a hint, I've found you only really need to buy one sticker and show it. The waitstaff and bartenders willl give you more than one soft drink at a time if you request it and have a sticker, so no need to buy one for everyone. Just a moneysaver tip!

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old July 28th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the tip - appreciate the info.
Old July 28th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Passenger

We were just on the EOS in March. The sticker will allow you to purchase soft drinks and juice. I tried to get two cokes one night and the bartender did want to see my husbands card, but then another did not ask. Guess it depends on who you get. Have fun!! Great ship.
Old July 29th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Passenger

We cruised last year and they had a soda/juice card. I believe it was $6 a day then. May be more now. It includes fountain drinks only, and only one drink per card at a time.
Old July 30th, 2006, 02:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

it depends on the bartender you have whether they will check everyones cards.... however if you befriend a bartender... and just show them the one sticker... pretty easy to just get them to give you the drink.... or... you could get the drink hand it to the next person... then order another...
Old July 31st, 2006, 03:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

it depends on the bartender you have whether they will check everyones cards.... however if you befriend a bartender... and just show them the one sticker... pretty easy to just get them to give you the drink.... or... you could get the drink hand it to the next person... then order another...

AKA stealing.
Old July 31st, 2006, 09:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

... how is that stealing... it costs .$.15 cents for that fountain drink... they charge you $5.00.... isn't that price gouging... ?!?!
Horizon - July '03
Rhapsody of the Seas - Thanksgiving '03
Golden Princess - June '04
Carnival Ecstasy - May '05
Explorer of the Seas - July '05
Infinity - Doomed Voyage - July '06
Old July 31st, 2006, 11:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

I agree 100% with gambitscuba!!They charge outrageous prices for a drink that costs them 15-20 cents!I shared with friends and family several times on my last cruise and I am definatly not a thief!!I also found out that if you have the cup that they give you when you purchase the sticker,that alot of bartenders wont check for the sticker!On my last cruise I gave my brother my cup so he could get drinks,and I just used my sticker!
Old July 31st, 2006, 11:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

I wish i would have known that... i could drag them back to the boats... and never have to pay for another drink card again... you have no idea how many of those we have stockpiled... I wonder if they would clean them for me too...
Horizon - July '03
Old August 1st, 2006, 12:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
I agree 100% with gambitscuba!!They charge outrageous prices for a drink that costs them 15-20 cents!I shared with friends and family several times on my last cruise and I am definatly not a thief!!I also found out that if you have the cup that they give you when you purchase the sticker,that alot of bartenders wont check for the sticker!On my last cruise I gave my brother my cup so he could get drinks,and I just used my sticker
Not a theif?? When you're trying to figure out how to cheat the sytem?? .. then what is stealing?
Same logic can be taken to a car lot. They are charging too much for their cars, so I'll just take it!

What their cost is irrelevant. They chose to charge for a product they SELL. Your choice is to buy it or not. NOT to figure out how to get it for nothing. That is in fact stealing.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 9th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambitscuba
... how is that stealing... it costs .$.15 cents for that fountain drink... they charge you $5.00.... isn't that price gouging... ?!?!
Theft by deception. When you take something that you do not pay for, that is called stealing. Unfortunately, today we call it "wealth re-distribution". Enough people do what you are trying do, then I pay more for my cruise. If your that cheap, drink water. Do you find it that hard to believe that cruise lines are in business to make money? God forbid a company turn a profit.

RCCL Shareholder.
HAL Zuiderdam 09/2005
NCL Sun 01/2005
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas 09/2004
Carnival Legend 01/2004
NCL Majesty 04/2003
Old August 9th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

There still has been No conversation on the fact that is price gouging... why do you talk down to me because I have an opinion... I have never done the said deed of stealing... crud if i take a cookie from the cookie sheet when my mother says no I feel guilty... You talk to me as if I have stolen your livelyhood... I have a problem with companys that underpay their workers... and expect me to make up for it with tips when at the exact same time they're price-gouging their consumers... doesn't mean im going to stop cruising or not pay the prices... I just have a problem with it...

You can't prosecute me for something I haven't done...
Horizon - July '03
Old August 10th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hmm - there's a hotel nearby that has a lovely Sunday brunch - to my mind, it is grossly overpriced. So, you're saying I can go with a friend, pay for one brunch and just bring a lot of food back to the table????

No - if I feel the prices are too high for something, I just do without - I don't steal.
Old August 12th, 2006, 01:28 AM
StephenAGoreJr

this is such a stupid convo. People "steal" everyday. I am pretty sure RCCL is doing just fine, even with these "THIEFS" out there
Old August 20th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner
Just a hint, I've found you only really need to buy one sticker and show it. The waitstaff and bartenders willl give you more than one soft drink at a time if you request it and have a sticker, so no need to buy one for everyone...
First, the soda cards are never worth the pure cost of the card. What does justify the expense is the benefit of speedy service at the bars, dining room and in the theatre. All you need to do is flash the card and order your soda. If you don't have the card then you must wait for the transaction to be rung up and posted to your sign and sail card.

The card allows you to also get juices at the bars after exercise in the mornings. We use them to get pineapple juice and fruit juices during the day, and after our morning run.

The theatre and the dining room beverage service also make it easy, as your dining waiter will have your soda waiting for you each evening after you show the card to he/she and place your order the first night.

Ask yourself a question based on the logic from the response above. Let's say you and a friend go to a buffet and both of you are not very hungry. Can you and that friend go through the line one at a time, and then justify that you ate only as much as one hungry person? If you can live with that answer then do what you wish...

Finally, the cost of the actual soda is a fraction of the expense of serving a drink to cruise passengers. The shipping costs, human costs of labor involved and the entire expense result in only a small profit for the cruise line.

A Tylenol costs about $2 at one of my hospitals by the time it gets to a patient. The difference is the expense of handling, dispensing and human cost to get it to the floor.

When you let the what you think is the cost of an item justify your actions you have removed any sense of character in your behavior. It's stealing, and you know it.

Ever think the reason the cards cost as much is they do is to cover the costs of sharing? Shareholders own the company, and you are stealing from them.
Old August 20th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUsry
Ever think the reason the cards cost as much is they do is to cover the costs of sharing? Shareholders own the company, and you are stealing from them.
Ok, you got me! I'm the big thief here. My wife may at most have 2 or 3 sodas on my card during a 7 night cruise, so now I guess I make the FBI's top ten wanted list here. You make it sound like I'm wearing a ski mask and holding the bartender at gun point or stealing cases of soda pop from the ship's stores. I read posters all over this board trying to figure out how to beat the system, but i'm the bad guy.

How about this, on our next cruise, if my wife happens to want a coke, I'll not drink one. Or, maybe for the 2 cokes she will drink on my card, i'll not turn in the equivilant amount of coupons from our Crown and Anchor coupon book to make up for it?

Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old August 21st, 2006, 11:57 AM
Passenger

I dont think $6 a day is all that much. When we go out to eat most places charge $2 plus dollars. We drink alot, at least 10 a day so we get our moneys worth. Also good for juice which is a more exspensive item.
Old August 21st, 2006, 04:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

"How about this, on our next cruise, if my wife happens to want a coke, I'll not drink one."

How about this - that once or twice your wife wants a Coke - just PAY for it.
Old August 21st, 2006, 04:54 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerif
How about this - that once or twice your wife wants a Coke - just PAY for it.
I did pay for it, I bought the sticker for the card. You know who told me to just buy 1 sticker from now on, my cabin steward on my 1st cruise. He told me to just buy 1 sticker and give the free cup to my wife and we could both have soda, I never went that far with it, but it was he who told us to do it that way!

Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Wow, folks...

It is so reassuring to know that our future is in the hands of people who "steal everyday."

LL
Navigator - E. Caribbean - 11/2006
Vision - West Coast - 4/2007
Grandeur - Canada/N.E. - 9/2007
Voyager of the Seas -"R"W. Caribbean - 1/2008
Old September 8th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Admiral

They have a drink cup; you can purchased a large coolie type drinking cup with a lid/straw and get refills the whole cruise on sodas; unfortunately, I didn't find out about it until the 4th day. I think the cup purchase was under $20 probably around $15. Everyone said it was worth it. They also had a beverage card for sodas.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat