Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2006, 04:35 PM
Familiar Face

Default Wine & Dine package

Has anyone purchased the Wine & Dine package on Royal Caribbean? If so, anyone remember how much it was and if you feel it was worth it?

Thanks, jcs
Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2006, 09:10 PM
First Mate

I have done the wine package on four RCCL ships. I get the gold package with five bottles. I think they were $110, not positive. I like the deal, you save a couple of bucks per bottle and the gold list has always been good for me.
Old July 31st, 2006, 09:37 PM
Familiar Face

Was the $110 per bottle or was that for 5 bottles? Also, if you buy the gold 5 bottle package, what happens if you only drink 3 bottles? Do they allow you to take the 2 remaining bottles home or will they credit your account? Beside the wine what is included in the Wine & Dine package?
Old July 31st, 2006, 10:01 PM
First Mate

no, no, the $110 is for 5 bottles. The whole point is to save a little money on the per bottle price. You could buy a 7 bottle package and the price would be more. There are two or three price ranges. I think gold, silver, platinum. Each one costs a bit more because the wine list gets longer according to the price. you can download the brochure from RCCL and it will make sense. Just do a search for wine and dine package. I don't know about not drinking all five bottles ? Never was a problem for me, but now I see that it something I would like the answer to myself
Old July 31st, 2006, 11:52 PM
First Mate

Have ordered the wine package as well... and there are three different levels to buy from. You get 5 bottles of wine to choose from your level. Silver Gold and Platinum.... Silver is least expensive and has the fewest bottles to choose from. Platinum offers the largest selection of wine to choose from. I have always gotten the Gold package as it offers a very good selection to choose from including several of my favs. I believe you can take a bottle of wine with you from dinner if you do not finish it and drink it in cabin or elsewhere on board if you wish. I do not know what they do if you do not consume all bottles in the package. It has never been a problem with myself and at our table. Usually have to buy single bottles at the end of the week!!

If you don't think you will finish all 5 bottles... you can buy it by the bottle too... and your waiter will store your bottle in the wine cooler for you to finish the next evening.
RCCL Voyager 10/04
RCCL Enchantment 10/03
RCCL Adventure 2/03
Carnival Imagination 10/97
Old August 1st, 2006, 05:28 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks all for the info. Tried to find brochure on website but no luck. Sounds like a good deal and we'll have no problem finishing the 5 bottles!
Old August 3rd, 2006, 01:44 PM
Passenger

Default Wine and Dine link...basic

Here's the most I could find on Wine and Dine...RCCL says it is offered on every ship but it's specifics must vary by class of ship since the exact specifics are not given online.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...32&shipCode=EX
March 2000 Monarch to the Bahamas
November 1998 Celebrity Galaxy to the Southern Caribbean
November 1995 Majesty to Western Caribbean