CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Yes or No...to Pantyhose? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/319770-yes-no-pantyhose.html)

cruisefreedom August 27th, 2006 11:26 AM

Yes or No...to Pantyhose?

OK Ladies, I have a question. On formal nights, do most of you wear pantyhose?

sharon_psu August 27th, 2006 01:18 PM

Personally, I don't wear pantyhose when cruising, whether its formal night or not. I just make sure that my legs have a nice tan 8)

But remember, its all about how YOU feel.

msblackjack August 27th, 2006 01:59 PM

Just say "No" to pantyhose.....

heck NO. It is a vacation; just get a little sun or apply some "sun".

Irish Shark August 27th, 2006 02:00 PM

Yes, my wife does.

Robbie H August 27th, 2006 02:29 PM

I could use the "control top" feature but I let my wife wear them ()= ;>)

cindyp August 27th, 2006 02:35 PM

Sit out in the sun for a little while and leave the pantyhose at home!!!!

rudynjan August 27th, 2006 02:39 PM

pantyhose

Absolutely not! I'm on vacation, and DH refuses to wear them if I won't LOL

jillgunter August 27th, 2006 02:51 PM

I am not going to wear them. I have two long formal gowns with open toed shoes. So I dont think I need them, plus they are uncomfortable. I wear the thigh high ones when I have too.

Donna August 27th, 2006 04:17 PM

I wear them.

cruisefreedom August 27th, 2006 04:49 PM

Really Donna--you do? I feel that I need to wear them for the "control top" feature, but I do think they are uncomfortable.
New question...Is it a major fashion blunder to wear pantyhose with open toe sandals?

Rev22:17 August 27th, 2006 04:57 PM

cruisefreedom,

I feel that I need to wear them for the "control top" feature, but I do think they are uncomfortable.

Stockings would be an appropriate option, worn with a garter belt....

New question...Is it a major fashion blunder to wear pantyhose with open toe sandals?

Not if you get the pantyhose (or stockings) that are designed for wear with sandals. They have "sheer" (not reinforced) toes. IIRC, uses the designation "sandalfoot" for this style.

Norm.

makeupdiva August 27th, 2006 04:57 PM

Ok Ladies - you need to get Spanx (found at Nordstroms) they have control top panties so you can go without pantyhose which should never be worn on a cruise!

LizC August 27th, 2006 05:04 PM

No !!

No Way to panty hose it's hot in South!!

Dave the Wave August 27th, 2006 06:07 PM

Absolutely no f****** way! Panty hose are for those who have something to hide, or if you are in freezing climes, in the tropics they are not necessary, and they do not let you breath (if you know what I mean) They trap in the air and do not aloow for proper ventilation. Nice legs should not be covered up unless varicose veins are so bad you do us all a favor.

In fact, with the right skirt or cocktail dress, underwear are not even needed..... :-P I never wear underwear....

blueliner August 27th, 2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
Absolutely no f****** way! Panty hose are for those who have something to hide, or if you are in freezing climes, in the tropics they are not necessary, and they do not let you breath (if you know what I mean) They trap in the air and do not aloow for proper ventilation. Nice legs should not be covered up unless varicose veins are so bad you do us all a favor.

In fact, with the right skirt or cocktail dress, underwear are not even needed..... :-P I never wear underwear....

I agree with DTW, I never wear panty hose on a cruise.......or anywhere else for that matter! :D

cruisefreedom August 27th, 2006 07:18 PM

WOW Again! Now I can't believe that Dave the Wave responded to my question! Actually Dave, the "no underwear" thing was also my husbands suggestion.

rudynjan August 27th, 2006 08:37 PM

pantyhose

Oh Lord, my husband agrees with DTW too!

msblackjack August 27th, 2006 09:02 PM

Is any suprised that DTW has responded to this thread? Not. Is anyone suprised that DTW has suggested that the ladies cruise "au natural"? Not. LOL But to the ladies, be careful with skirts minus panties on the stairs on the pool decks. Some of the ships, have the stairs where if you are on the pool deck in the right position you can see up a ladies skirt; not that I have looked, but my significant other and my brother have advised me of this. (But as Seinfeld would say, not there is anything wrong with that).

Dave the Wave August 27th, 2006 09:36 PM

Even if you have looked, there is nothing wrong with that. You bring up a good point though. I will keep that in mind..... 8)

msblackjack August 27th, 2006 10:25 PM

DTW you are very familiar with the Enchantment of the Seas; is that a safe ship to cruise "au natural" or is the stairways by the pools like on Carnival; open metal railings and open risers on the stairs?

But to get back on to the topic; wearing panty hose on a tropical cruise is like wearing polyester to a theme park; or duct tape in a sand box; it just is not comfortable and way to friggin hot.

Dave the Wave August 27th, 2006 10:41 PM

Yes, there is a stairway leading from the main pooldeck to the upper deck where one can view up the skirts if one was so inclined.... :shock:

msblackjack August 28th, 2006 07:53 AM

Then I will just have to stay off that stairway :oops:

Dave the Wave August 28th, 2006 09:15 AM

Too bad I won't be on your cruise to have a peek. I will have to wait until November and get a strategic spot at the pool bar with my camera... :wink:

LisaK August 28th, 2006 11:11 AM

My dress shoes are closed-toe sling backs, so yes i do wear hose on formal night. I also wear them because they make for a nice clean line under my form-fitting gown.

cruisefreedom August 28th, 2006 03:10 PM

Thanks Lisa! I totally agree with you! I just think it makes your dress look better!

skymaster August 28th, 2006 06:31 PM

No pantyhose for me! In fact, I always go Commando, just like DTW. No unslghtly BVD lines for me!!!!!

Ken

rudynjan August 28th, 2006 08:42 PM

pantyhose

Commando?

Donna August 28th, 2006 10:10 PM

Commando=no underwear.

ready2gonow August 28th, 2006 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skymaster
No pantyhose for me! In fact, I always go Commando, just like DTW. No unslghtly BVD lines for me!!!!!

Ken

I had a 77 year old BIL that went commando! It wasn't a very pretty picture :D Know when to say when!

msblackjack August 29th, 2006 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ready2gonow
Quote:

Originally Posted by skymaster

Ken

I had a 77 year old BIL that went commando! It wasn't a very pretty picture :D Know when to say when!

Too funny. Nothing worse than overexposure in the over the hill gang.