CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Thinking of switching from Navigator to Jewel, Any thoughts? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/320494-thinking-switching-navigator-jewel-any-thoughts.html)

dogsambam September 12th, 2006 01:52 PM

Thinking of switching from Navigator to Jewel, Any thoughts?

We are booked on the Navigator for a 7 night sailing, and space just opened on the Jewel at the same time for an 8 night sailing. We are 2 thirty-somethings travelling with our 1 year old and our two senior parents. Any input?

PatricksMom September 12th, 2006 02:37 PM

My Family and I sailed on the Jewel in April, 2006, I can't say enough wonderful things about the ship, we just loved it, the 8 night cruise is wonderful I had my 6 yr old little boy along and he had a blast, I am also in my thirties and just loved it,,,, :D :D :D

Roland September 14th, 2006 02:07 PM

Re: Thinking of switching from NV to JW, Any thoughts?

Try that other board instead. :wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogsambam
We are booked on the Navigator for a 7 night sailing, and space just opened on the Jewel at the same time for an 8 night sailing. We are 2 thirty-somethings travelling with our 1 year old and our two senior parents. Any input?

Kuki September 14th, 2006 04:13 PM

Personally, I loved the Jewel, and would choose her over any of the huge Voyager class ships.

selctsys September 16th, 2006 12:24 AM

Re: Thinking of switching from Navigator to Jewel, Any thoug

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogsambam

Jewel. Why?

- 8 days are better than 7
- I doubt you will miss any of the extra recreation activities on the Navigator given your parents and one year old
- Slightly smaller crowds and more relaxed

Roland September 16th, 2006 06:26 AM

dogsambam,
I can only repeat what I answered on that other board:
Both the NV and JW are fantastic ships. But perhaps your
father will feel more at home and more comfortable on the JW. :idea:

Lightsluvr September 16th, 2006 07:48 AM

What's the diff?

8 nights is always better than 7...

Assuming the same ports, etc., go with the Jewel, UNLESS your family would really enjoy the ice show...

LL

dfhawk60 September 16th, 2006 09:53 AM

well we love the big ships, but i guess for some the extra day would make it choice worth thinking about. when i have choices like that i use as many tool as i can find to help me make up my mind. i have checked the ships rating on a few travel sites, including this one and it looks like the navigator keeps comming back with the better ratings. of course the crews and chefs change like the wind, but its a starting point. good luck

cstrothers September 19th, 2006 12:47 PM

We sailed on the Jewel in March 2006 - loved her and we are going back on her in 2007 - it was the perfect ship.

Roland September 19th, 2006 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cstrothers
We sailed on the Jewel in March 2006 - it was the perfect ship.

She still is :wink:

hcat September 19th, 2006 01:49 PM

we have her booked for Jan 08--can't wait...If she is a nice as brilliance we are in for a treat!