Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Passenger

Default MAIN DINING ROOM(S) ? ON EXPLORER OF THE SEAS

I checked out a web page on vacations to go and it looks as though there are three main dining rooms on the Explorer of the Seas. Columbus, DaGama and Magellan. All three have the same info regarding cuisine, dress code, hours, etc. So, my question is, are we assigned a dining room like we have a seating time? I know we have the same waiter/table all week, so we must go to the same room, but do we choose or do they assign?
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Hello Janet;
All three dining rooms are the same space, just a three level dining room, with each level named for a different explorer. You are assigned a table, and seating when you check in, and if you wish, you can go directly to the dining room and check it out when you board. If you're happy with the table and area then no problem. If you prefer to be assigned a different table, or perhaps a different seating, then go directly to the mater'd and he or she can probably help you.
Don't worry about service, you'll find it to be excellent no matter what dining room, table, or seating you are assigned.
Have a great cruise.

Ken
Old September 19th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Passenger

Default Dining rooms

Oh, now it makes sense. I did hear about the levels.......thanks for the prompt reply. We are first time cruisers and full of questions. I look forward to being able to be the one giving answers when we get back.
Old September 19th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Admiral

You're very welcome Janet. Yes, it's hard to imagine, especially on a ship that the dining room is three storys high, but wait 'till you see it! Absolutely beautiful! You're going to have a great time, and when you return you must tell us all about it, and give us your "take" on your cruise. You'll be answering questions from new cruisers in no time.

See you aboard,

Ken